Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just bought a 67 play CLA45, 6k mileage. Absolutely love it however after reading some things on here I’m starting to worry about common occurring issues. Still have around 9 months of warranty left so looking for an opinion on what’s worth pestering the dealer about and what’s considered “normal”.
Issues:
  • there’s a rattle in the exhaust when the car is in drive sitting at idle, and then when you start to move off. More predominant in sport + mode. Mercedes has said this is normal and just the mesh in the exhaust?
  • coming from an M140 there’s obviously a lot of differences, including the massive turbo noise! But there seems to be a constant whining coming from the front left hand side of car when driving, more noticeable at low speeds.
-when revving the engine in neutral/Park tas the engine comes back down to idle it seems to be very unsteady and jumpy.
  • when flooring it the car sounds great, however after shifting to second gear the exhaust noise disappears and then all you can hear is what I imagine is very loud turbo whine? Exhaust note returns in third
  • when changing gear at around 3k revs, not pushing the car hard, there seems to be a “whooshing” noise coming from the gearbox. Similar noise happens when downshifting from similar revs.

Apologies for the long post. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was a typo. 67 plate which in the UK means second half of 2017. Not from MB dealer but from a large dealer network called Arnold Clark. There are Mercedes Benz dealer that fall under the Arnold Clark name and the car was still fully inspected and an “approved” car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding the exhaust rattle I have had this into Mercedes and they have said it is normal and just the mesh that is part of the exhaust and cannot be helped. I’ll try upload a clip of the sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice. It has both a remaining MB warranty and 60 days Arnold Clark warranty.

Might be a stupid question but are you able to just book in your car for a full check up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.