Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this board. I currently drive a 2018 cla250 with the midnight exterior package as well as the AMG exterior package. I'm having problems with my heated passenger side seat as well as my eco button. My passenger side heated seats do turn on but only for 4 or 5 seconds then they turn off. My eco button push button stays green but the vehicle wont turn off at red lights etc. I was told it could be my aux battery. So wondering where I would find it and what replacement battery I could use if not oem?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Quicksilver :)
Suggest you visit your friendly MB Dealer Service Advisor and get it fixed under the MB Factory Warranty??

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
...Also, if you enter Aux Battery into the search field (above) you can view the location on the passenger side dash, as well as other extensive info.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm new to this board. I currently drive a 2018 cla250 with the midnight exterior package as well as the AMG exterior package. I'm having problems with my heated passenger side seat as well as my eco button. My passenger side heated seats do turn on but only for 4 or 5 seconds then they turn off. My eco button push button stays green but the vehicle wont turn off at red lights etc. I was told it could be my aux battery. So wondering where I would find it and what replacement battery I could use if not oem?
Thanks for your help
I have a 2016 mine went out lat year lasted 4 1/2 years, it was underneath the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did review some of the threads with the key word "aux battery" prior to posting this thread. I wasn't able to find any info on my years battery location. I did check under the footwell of my car and did find a fuse box along with what looks like a small battery but smaller the ones I saw on here and on youtube. Called pep boys and they stated that my vehicle doesn't have an auxiliary battery and even worse I believe my warranty has run out. 😬

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Which city are you near?
Did you see the photos posted in the threads under @Picard , 10/9/18 and @CLA OSO on 2/1/18?
Are you going to check this *with your MB Service Advisor?
*.... I believe my warranty has run out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your help
Hi, I do have the 2018 CLA 4 matic -- my eco button works well the summer and just like y ours does not work the winter.. I presume that during the winter it wont work.. I would not worry about it, I turn it off when I start the car anyway. but as I said had no problem having it work when the weather is hot!! Cheers Bruno

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I think CLAs all have auxiliary batteries. They can be blamed for a number of problems although it doesn't make sense that your driver's side seat heater would work, but not the passenger side. Although I hated the eco button and either turned it off or used the "I" program to turn it off, it should work, at times, in the winter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
do agree with you , both seat heater should work! regarding eco stop , I turn it off all the time,, wonder if there is a way to turn it off for ever! will ask my garage,,,Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update. Replaced both auxillary and main battery. Replacing main battery fixed the eco button issue but heated passenger seat still wont work. Anybody have any diagrams for the fuses or maybe location of the hearted seat module location?

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
Fuse diagram inside fuse panel - passenger footwell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts