Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CLA200 AMG Line
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - 2018 Mercedes CLA200 C117 (Petrol 7spd, RHD - Australia)

I’m having an issue with the ABS/Traction Control/Electric Steering/Cruise Control etc.

Vehicle was in a light accident, front parts replaced, not major. (No suspension damage etc at all but engine and gearbox assembly was removed to ensure damage was fixed correctly. Reset all fault codes after repair but have a persistent few codes that keep getting thrown and won’t go away.

DTC relates to the LHF Wheel speed sensor. I read that it’s a very common issue with CLA’s so I ordered a new genuine sensor from Mercedes and replaced it, cleared DTC’s. Took it for a drive to see if it had sorted the issue. 200m into the drive, all lights (ABS,ESP,TRACTION) are back on, steering has gone heavy again aswell as cruise control etc is disabled and the same fault is shown ‘LHF Wheel speed sensor if faulty’.

Also, whilst at low speed when the codes have been cleared upon braking I get a Severe ABS Brake Pedal Vibration.
I’ve also read the Auxiliary battery could also relate to this issue but I’m not 100% sure that would be correct?

DTC List:
C04B000
C04AE00
D40900
C003100
C04AF00

Diagnostics do not show anything else other than the "Fault" for the newly replaced sensor.

Any suggestion on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know it sounds odd but check your battery , not cla related but my SLK gives esp/ traction control errors like that when the battery is a bit weak because i dont use it much, I leave it on a trickle charger and dont get any problem anymore.

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
try a continuity check on the harness contact pin to contact pin and wiggle it around of course you will need to trace it back to get both ends to test with
you might be surprised
2018 may be a weee bit too new for low batts unless too many short trips but hey crap happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts