Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hello, I am about to decide to buy a CLA 250 sport, but I have found criticism regarding the engine's power and the hardness of the suspension.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're considering a CLA 250 and I understand where the criticism comes from. The suspension to me is fine as I have gotten used to it and used to think it was too stiff. The power is lacking as well but that is the reason I plan to work on it as everyone else on the forum can agree with me on. I would say your decision should be made based on budget. Other cars I would check out would be a BMW 3 series, a Honda civic (new civics are very nice), or an Audi a3. Good luck and if you have any questions ask away!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're considering a CLA 250 and I understand where the criticism comes from. The suspension to me is fine as I have gotten used to it and used to think it was too stiff. The power is lacking as well but that is the reason I plan to work on it as everyone else on the forum can agree with me on. I would say your decision should be made based on budget. Other cars I would check out would be a BMW 3 series, a Honda civic (new civics are very nice), or an Audi a3. Good luck and if you have any questions ask away!
Thank you very much for the response, I am really evaluating with the BMW 220ia coupe sport, could you give me your recommendation regarding the power of the engine.
greetings and thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you very much for the response, I am really evaluating with the BMW 220ia coupe sport, could you give me your recommendation regarding the power of the engine.
greetings and thanks

I assume you're talking about the CLA engine power? The power is by no means slow. Acceleration is adequate and the 2.0-liter’s 258 lb-ft of peak torque is enough to do the job for overtaking/speeding up. Where I believe the power lacks is towards delivery. FWD models tend to have wheel spin when launching from zero but from a roll it finds traction well. In addition, there is turbo lag when going full throttle. Transmission is what you expect from an entry level sporty sedan. It shifts fine but not instantly (maybe .5 sec delay). Downshifts are almost instant which is nice when you want to use paddles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
05/06/2018
Been a while since I've done anything to the car but finally got around to tinting the windows!
- 250$ final for the tint
- 35% ceramic tint on the driver and passenger windows
- 35% high performance tint on the rear two windows
- 35% high performance tint on the rear windshield
- tints came out very well (looks better in person)

View attachment 58466
View attachment 58474
View attachment 58482
View attachment 58490

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 CLA250 Mods

Hello all! I recently picked up a 2018 cla 250 (with amg styling) and have big plans for the car in the future. I thought I would bring everyone along for the ride and get help along the way since I am new to modding cars. I will keep this thread updated and will appreciate any suggestions or guidance for my car. Thanks and remember to stay posted :)

12/21/17
Muffler delete
  • got a muffler delete for $140 (didn't need additional tips since mine are integrated into the bumper)
  • got a Y-pipe welded after mufflers were cut (1 hour max)
  • more aggressive sound by far (minimal drone)
  • occasional backfire and crackle in first gear when driving around parking lots
  • great exhaust note ( looking for more volume in the future )

03/03/18
Aero Kit for front bumper ($300 with free shipping)
some pictures below

03/29/2018
CLA 45 (Face lift) Diffuser install ($300 with free shipping)
  • got around to finally completing the look of the car by adding a more aggressive diffuser
  • Installation took about an hour (easy fitment no modification necessary)
  • came with silver quad tips but chose not to black out tips (night package) to stay with the silver/black contrasting theme
  • makes the rear a lot more aggressive and gives it a lower stance

05/06/2018
Been a while since I've done anything to the car but finally got around to tinting the windows!
  • 250$ final for the tint
  • 35% ceramic tint on the driver and passenger windows
  • 35% high performance tint on the rear two windows
  • 35% high performance tint on the rear windshield
  • tints came out very well (looks better in person)

View attachment 57001
View attachment 56993
View attachment 57009
View attachment 57017

Thinking of starting first performance mod with an intake. Its either going to be from HG Motorsports or AEM. AEM is a lot cheaper (325) than the HG (600) but is there any performance difference between the two?

Would You say that after all this time, the drone is still minimal. I just want that beefier sound but don't want to sacrifice too much of the beautiful comfort in my CLA 250. Also, would you say that your tint is good or could you go darker? Your pictures/car look unreal by the way!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts