Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just about exhausted my options trying to find a reliable way to swap my halogen headlamps which I regret getting, to the LED headlamps. I know this is possible by getting a Chinese company to send you the headlights and the OBD programmer, but I'm just not risking wiring money to China. That being said has anyone swapped their halogen bulbs with an LED conversion kit? If so please let me know which bulbs you got since I am settling for doing that. I've been looking on CariD and seen a few kits from oracle/lumen around $130. Any advice would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
9,705 Posts
keep in mind many folks have had fitment and clearance issues
and the light containment is poor since the led elements can't mimic the bulb filament location very well
that china obd thing works ... so as long as you can find a safe way to pay / get refund if needed etc etc
someone also did a module conversion within the halogen reflector subunit to hid projectors which is an option

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keep in mind many folks have had fitment and clearance issues
and the light containment is poor since the led elements can't mimic the bulb filament location very well
that china obd thing works ... so as long as you can find a safe way to pay / get refund if needed etc etc
someone also did a module conversion within the halogen reflector subunit to hid projectors which is an option
Yeah, I'd go for the China OBD thing, but I have no idea how to securely complete the transaction. I think they want a bank wire so I don't think there's a way to get a refund if necessary. I know chappy7 had success with that company, but I haven't seen anyone do it since the OBD module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts