Mercedes CLA Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not had the car a year and I have had to replace both front tires and rims. There was a class action lawsuit that was dismissed in their favor in 2015. However, they continue to put the same tires on the car. Don't buy this car. They make excuses you will be dissapointing. I drove a Toyota 3 yrs and had no issues. Down the drain 2k I will have to turn this car in.
[/QUOTE
This can’t be a coincidence or just bad pot holes. Both my first CLA 2016 and 2019 I’ve had to repair both front tires because they cracked I really don’t know what to do since the only answer I get from Mercedes is to have them service the tires with there outrageous prices.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Welcome Abeyllez :)
Do you feel that your experiences were not due to any impacts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely not because it happen to 3 different tires same issue my 2016 and the car I’m currently in how could that be a pot hole problem I know people who have so called cheaper rims run over pot holes every day and don’t have that issue

·
Registered
395 Posts
Absolutely not because it happen to 3 different tires same issue my 2016 and the car I’m currently in how could that be a pot hole problem I know people who have so called cheaper rims run over pot holes every day and don’t have that issue
If it happened to you on two different cars and this many times, it actually does sound like the driver is the common denominator. Is it possible that the way you drive is unduly harsh on these type of wheel/tire combo?

“Cheaper rims” aren’t made better, the wheels on the CLA have low profile tires. They are more susceptible to wheel damage from potholes and impact because there is less side wall on them. You can’t compare these wheels to wheels on a Camry and say that Toyota uses better wheels. Apples and oranges.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Abeyllez,
Check Messages #9, 10 & !! on this thread. Can you upload your pictures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not had the car a year and I have had to replace both front tires and rims. There was a class action lawsuit that was dismissed in their favor in 2015. However, they continue to put the same tires on the car. Don't buy this car. They make excuses you will be dissapointing. I drove a Toyota 3 yrs and had no issues. Down the drain 2k I will have to turn this car in.
I have a C450 AMG and both the front rims broke. We 3 customers and are planning on class action lawsuit again. Please call us at 510.516.8806 or 310.756.2462

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had our CLA 250 for less than a year and have had to replace our tires multiple times and now having to replace a rim for a second time.

our first experience we did hit a pit hole. Insurance handled that. However we are having the same issue again with cracked rim but not stressors to contribute to this.
when we learned of the sensitivity of these tires and rims we’ve gone above and beyond to ensure we are being careful at all costs.
this is absolutely insane.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Kellydepriest :)
What model year is your CLA?
In which city are you located?
Were both rims front? 1R & 1L?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Kellydepriest,
Also, can you tell us your exact tire pressures #1 LF, #2 RF, # 3 LR, & 4 RR
Your answers to all of these will help the other members respond effectively.

Welcome to the CLA Forum Kellydepriest :)
What model year is your CLA?
In which city are you located?
Were both rims front? 1R & 1L?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
We have had our CLA 250 for less than a year and have had to replace our tires multiple times and now having to replace a rim for a second time.....
We are very interested in your report, but need more details from you as described above....are you still with us , or have you sold your CLA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Yolando I totally agree with you regarding the rims and tires! I have a 2019 CLA 250 and had to replace all 4 tires already! The front rims are needing to replace as well! I didn’t actually didn’t hit a pothole I was traveling along a road that was rough and this is the same road I traveled when I had a Nissan and never experienced an issue! Since having the car I’ve all type of tire issues! This was my first Mercedes and it has not been a good experience. I can’t wait to trade this car in I’m tire of throwing money at tire issues. Forget the tire plan you buy and pay for every month with your car payment it’s absolutely unless!
Edouglas: do you have the new CLA or the previous version?
new CLA has the same problem?

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is nothing new, I had this exact same issue with my 2005 C55 AMG. I bought it as a CPO car in 2008 and had several fronts and 1 or 2 rear wheels replaced due to cracks. I switched to after-market wheels and the issue went away. At the same time while looking for replacement wheels I considered E55 wheels only to find out they suffered the same flaw. Long story short, there are certain types/styles of OEM wheels that are susceptible to cracking when used on the rough roads a lot of us drive on in the Snow Belt area of the country. The issue is less common where roads are less prone to seasonal damage. Most after-market wheels are stronger than the OEM wheels that are prone to cracking.

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
Production batch dependent too i suppose
The 2014 oem ronal twin5s are really tough

41 - 54 of 54 Posts