Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Damn they are ugly :-/.... what’s the point of them? Pedestrian safety?
You know the good o’ usa regulations for 2.5~5mph bumper damage thresholds tied to insurance etc etc etc bla bla bla
You lucky euro models dont have them ... i suppose you folks can claim tight parking spaces and an extra 50mm over a few million cars adds up

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's odd those butt cheeks are not body color. Most of the ones I saw at the dealer had body color bumperettes.

The original cla looked amazing at first glance while the new model needs to grow on you.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
That's odd those butt cheeks are not body color. Most of the ones I saw at the dealer had body color bumperettes.

The original cla looked amazing at first glance while the new model needs to grow on you.
Yup!
Body colored lumpettes are on the higher amg lines i suppose ... all i could find were base units for that day

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup US spec is US spec ... but then one can always import the EU rear cover
Do you have the part number for the EU rear cover? I wonder if they're bolted to the rear cover, could probably just remove the bolts and have the rear cover fixed

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do you have the part number for the EU rear cover? I wonder if they're bolted to the rear cover, could probably just remove the bolts and have the rear cover fixed
Yup!
Body colored lumpettes are on the higher amg lines i suppose ... all i could find were base units for that day
Hmm I just checked my dealers website www.mbsd.com and all the base cla have body color matching butt cheeks

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
None of the ones here has black bumperettes. How odd. They are just standard 250s.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
My guess is .....
There is the base with matte lumps
Then there is the amg line option which has body color stuff
Kinda jives with whats listed in the order guide

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently driving a 2020 CLA 250
Polar White
MB-Tex Beige Interior
Premium Pkg.
Wireless Charging
Logo Projectors
64 Ambient Light Pkg.
Sirius XM Radio
In-Car Wifi

Overall First 2 Days have been Amazing!!!!!! Loving it so Far!!! Most likely not keeping it though.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts