Mercedes CLA Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Yeah so I will say, my fathers AMG GTC was rear ended and the rear left nub took the entire impact. It was the only thing scratched up. The rest of the bumper was completely fine.
So on the gtc the lumps are separate? And can be replaced independently?
Wondering how that left lump dispersed the crash energy? Or was it just a love tap?

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
61 Posts
From some angles the rear lumps look "butt-ugly" - as you can clearly see from the first pic I took of our white 2020 CLA250. Second pic - not so bad. Okay let's look at the front... Beautiful :cool:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
61 Posts
It’s a
Is that illuminated star from MB or is it after market. I thought MB stopped offering the illuminated star as an option
It’s an MB illuminated star and it was an option on the USA model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This looks
My gosh why Merc. They should have gone the full bumperette like on the AMG GT...This kinda looks subtle that its missable, but if you do see it - it def looks dumber than if it was full thiccness lol.

At least its better than the Bugatti ones (tho they are unscrew able at least)

I wish they could be removed as it looks molded onto the bumper.
This looks cool for me lol

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
61 Posts
Is that illuminated star from MB or is it after market. I thought MB stopped offering the illuminated star as an option
Here is the window sticker showing the pricing ($450) for that illuminated star. Wife insisted on this expensive LED display...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Is it an issue showing it and why?
Not really an issue in my opinon although. I guess if someone wanted to they could stalk your service and vehicle history.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Car cloning ? Not really an issue but why risk it, you wouldn’t put any other personnel details online

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Vin's are available on dealers websites. Doubt it's much of a risk

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
True but these days a vin is a window into some dark opportunity by some nefarious clown with tech skills and nothing better to do
Especially since security and gps codes are tied to the vin in addition to all sorts of public records
Gee time to live in a cave with a horse and buggy

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
61 Posts
Just deleted the VIN and PO number from my Window Sticker photo... Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Rapidfire would be very pleased to hear about gap retention in the 2020s!

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
61 Posts
Hi WhatsoN -- I have finally received my new Chinese LED logo projector lights (which have been disinfected) but I cant seem to pry the factory ones out. Is there a trick to it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi WhatsoN -- I have finally received my new Chinese LED logo projector lights (which have been disinfected) but I cant seem to pry the factory ones out. Is there a trick to it?
With a very small flat screwdriver (I did it that way).
On one side with no problems, on the other side, the first try, only the lens of the original came of. Pressed it back on, tried again with the screwdriver a bit 'deeper) and then it worked.
Like the (Chinese) MB logo!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts