Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, the software in my new 2020 CLA suffers from so many bugs it must have been written by a pre-schooler.

If I don't drive for a day or two, the clock in the car will be off be a few hours. Sometimes it will correct itself after an hour or two. Sometimes not.

CarPlay (wired) sometimes finds my phone (iPhoneX), sometimes not. Sometimes plugging it in 3-4 times will cause it to discover it. Then it might be gone after a few minutes. Or an hour. It isn't the jack or cable, both are solid and stable and have been replaced and tested. And Siri NEVER gets to a voice prompt before the radio re-activates. Come on guys, for the money we pay for these cars the software should be a lot more reliable. I've had it in twice for updates.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Do you feel that the dealer has respon
....I've had it in twice for updates.
I think you may be the first to report this issue....Sounds like a sloppy update by the dealer?? Suggest that you make your appointment for a loaner and when you pickup your "repaired" CLA - don't leave until you are satisfied that all functions are operational.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Well ... I found quite a few bugs in a 2020 tester, what you noted, and more
The 2021 units are better, some updates, some speed improvements
But still think I have an excuse to wait ...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
can you tell us witch software version do you have? As i know at the fresh up 3 _80 this should be fixed

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
@jmc - Can you tell us more about the tester..link?
Oh that was when I was dealer hopping and testing whatever they had on lots ... so tester as in the cars I could find back then
Like that blue one I used for design comparisons in a previous post
Recently I ran through a new 21 GLA35 and some updates have taken hold, smoother op, still some quirks like freezing and requiring a restart etc
Voice control still needs some help though alternate language response seems somewhat better
And yeah ... I spend a coupla hours enjoying myself Thank goodness the coffee is still good

·
Registered
198 Posts
no problem's here on fup3 but then i didnt have any problem on fup2, so back to dealer and tell them that your having problem with your Bluetooth not connecting and keeps dropping signal and they will update as it is a known bug and fix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts