Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after driving an hour on the highway the other day, I went to accelerate onto another highway and noticed my car wouldn’t accelerate or shift out of 4th gear. It would almost redline and not shift unless I manually did it with the paddles.
I didn’t have cruise control on, nor did I accidentally bump the paddle shifters prior to noticing the problem, so i know it didn’t accidentally go into manual mode. In fact, the same issue happened in all modes C, S, S+.

I ended up pulling over and shut the car off for a few seconds. When I restarted it, the issue went away and hasn’t happened again.

oddly, no warning lights or codes popped up on my dash. I just got off the phone with my MB service department and they said unless I got a warning light pop up, they wouldn’t be able to figure out why it happened and told me to call them if it happened again. Blamed it on “a possible software glitch”…. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Folks on this forum have experienced various "glitches" that seemed to go away after restarting the car. My side mirrors lane warning blinkers went crazy and was blinking rapidly and continuously for a while, even when no cars were beside mine. I went to a restaurant, parked the car, ate my meal, after about 1.5 hours, came back, restarted the car, the lane warning system was back in normal operations. Go figure.

Modern cars are running solely on fully integrated software systems, that every component seems to be controlled by some sort of software and ECU. And "cross-talk" or "interference" can occur with computers, and glitches like this can happen. Like our PC, a simple "reboot" CRTL/ALT/DELETE typically resets the computers back to default, and typically rectifies the issues.

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
... dont forget to check for solar flare sun activity

its amazing what a few of those sun hurls can do to terrestrial systems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts