Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 2020 CLA 250. (Feb 2020) Missed the stop production cut-off date of Dec 2019 on the Jupiter Red, had to take Patagonia Red. Any thoughts on the difference between the two and are there any pics showing the two colors side by side?

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Oh man ... Pat red was the colour I wanted way back when in 2014
Jup red is nice though Pat red has more depth
Dig up the 2014 series promo pix online with Pat red tag line and you shall see

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just ordered a 2020 CLA 250. (Feb 2020) Missed the stop production cut-off date of Dec 2019 on the Jupiter Red, had to take Patagonia Red. Any thoughts on the difference between the two and are there any pics showing the two colors side by side?
When do you take delivery, I ordered a Patagonia Red cla 35 amg in November 2019 & delivery is now mid May 2020. Same paint problems as they had in 2014 when it was first introduced. In the U.K, Patagonia Red is almost being rationed despite its £795 price tag.
Wasn’t told about the extended lead times when I ordered or I probably wouldn’t have gone ahead.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Should be worth the wait ... seems like a lovely colour

·
Registered
24 Posts
Should be worth the wait ... seems like a lovely colour
I really hope so, but the dealership was trying to reduce my part ex price big time. After hefty discussion & arguments and me telling them to cancel and refund , my part ex agreements stands. However , who would delete a hugely popular colour like Jupiter Red and replace it with a colour they can’t deliver for a second time. I guess it’s because in the U.K. Jupiter Red was a no cost option & Patagonia is £795. Greedy buggers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really hope so, but the dealership was trying to reduce my part ex price big time. After hefty discussion & arguments and me telling them to cancel and refund , my part ex agreements stands. However , who would delete a hugely popular colour like Jupiter Red and replace it with a colour they can’t deliver for a second time. I guess it’s because in the U.K. Jupiter Red was a no cost option & Patagonia is £795. Greedy buggers.
Every picture of Patagonia looks very different, depending on the light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finally got my Patagonia Red CLA 35 AMG Premium Plus last week after a 34 week wait. The colour is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
i am soooooooooooo jealous ... that was one of my top two choices back in 2014 ... and then they cancelled it for our market silly dopes ... and yes please post pics in the sun!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don’t have any photos taken in the sunshine yet, but I can assure you the colour is amazing. I will add some when I get it out of my garage.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
ok great ... let's hope they maintained this shade (from 2014)

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
indoor lighting gives it that jupiter red tone
looking forward to your pix in the sun!

·
Registered
24 Posts
indoor lighting gives it that jupiter red tone
looking forward to your pix in the sun!
It does but imo it is much better & really quite different to Jupiter Red. In the sunshine it’s absolutely stunning. I have never seen such a beautiful colour , it sparkles & pops without being too bling.very hard to describe & needs to be seen to be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The pentagonia Red is a nice colour in general, much like the Lava red for the Mazda. But colour in the automobile industry , I feel, is really affected by the shape of the car its on.

e.g. a white Ferrari will look rediculous, or an orange one for that matter.

but a Red Ferrari will look perfect.

Like the neon electric blue will look fantastic on a Subaru WRX STI, but a red STI will not look good.

And also the different shades of a colour can make or break how a car looks. For example, italian racing Red, looks fantastic on Ferrari's and alfa romeos, but put some common red on them, and that edge is off.

I feel the pentagonia red as a colour looks unique , but on the CLA, just not quite the best matching. Maybe a somewhat darker metallic red might work (?), but for the coupe like shape of the CLA, it is just not quite right
Also you gotta keep that Pentagonia red looking shiny over the years, I am not sure if that colour will age well... JMHO

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
all subjectivity / taste / longevity aside
at least the 2014 era shade is quite stunning
kinda like a classier metallic candy apple red
still need to see the 2020 rendition

·
Registered
24 Posts
The pentagonia Red is a nice colour in general, much like the Lava red for the Mazda. But colour in the automobile industry , I feel, is really affected by the shape of the car its on.

e.g. a white Ferrari will look rediculous, or an orange one for that matter.

but a Red Ferrari will look perfect.

Like the neon electric blue will look fantastic on a Subaru WRX STI, but a red STI will not look good.

And also the different shades of a colour can make or break how a car looks. For example, italian racing Red, looks fantastic on Ferrari's and alfa romeos, but put some common red on them, and that edge is off.

I feel the pentagonia red as a colour looks unique , but on the CLA, just not quite the best matching. Maybe a somewhat darker metallic red might work (?), but for the coupe like shape of the CLA, it is just not quite right
Also you gotta keep that Pentagonia red looking shiny over the years, I am not sure if that colour will age well... JMHO
Have you ever actually seen Patagonia Red in the flash ?.
Colour is obviously subjective, but I think it suits the Cla very well. Any paintwork needs to be maintained to be at its best and the light naturally affects the colour tremendously .Patagonia Red sometimes looks quite dark & sometimes quite bright. It does however need to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
all subjectivity / taste / longevity aside
at least the 2014 era shade is quite stunning
kinda like a classier metallic candy apple red
still need to see the 2020 rendition
It really does look classy & am waiting for some sun to take pictures. Colour is a very personal thing, good job we don’t all like the same 😀😀. In response to a previous comment from somebody , no colour will age well if it is not looked after. If you had any sense you would not pay a premium price & then neglect it,

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Whats interesting is back then p-red was a premium fee and now its the standard fee

1 - 20 of 33 Posts