Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about upcoming m3 with awd? (its confirmed) in terms of cla and c sales.

I feel like it will bring down the sales of the new cla45 and c63 for sure. The reason i bought the cla was because c63 was rwd along with m3. But now that they are making it awd is huge.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
C63 will go AWD not too long from now. Which makes C63S Estate very appealing to me.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Oh man the wagon will be so cool!
Yes definitely. I've been seriously eyeing the E63S wagon... it would've been a serious reach for me but I would find a way to make it work... but now the 4matic C63s will be super nice best of all worlds. Not as big and bulky with the same motor as an E63S in wagon form, yes PLEASE.

·
Super Moderator
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C63 will go AWD not too long from now. Which makes C63S Estate very appealing to me.
Maybe, i haven't seen any news saying that 2020 c63 will go 4matic. The thing is if they dont do it next year, people who needs it will buy m3 and mercedes will miss out on them. Not sure how making hybrid c63 is a bigger priority than a 4matic but its amg after all. Same company who makes 43s and lying to people saying its amg :)

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Well the “AMG line” thing does perplex me ... like what many countries have ... so all these “AMG” badges all over the place
Must be an odd ball marketing and revenue and quota thing

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Maybe, i haven't seen any news saying that 2020 c63 will go 4matic. The thing is if they dont do it next year, people who needs it will buy m3 and mercedes will miss out on them. Not sure how making hybrid c63 is a bigger priority than a 4matic but its amg after all. Same company who makes 43s and lying to people saying its amg :)
drift mode is coming to all their models. best of all worlds.

·
Super Moderator
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just saw the reports that came out today saying next gen c63 will have 4wd but looks like m3 will launch first

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
just saw the reports that came out today saying next gen c63 will have 4wd but looks like m3 will launch first
I would wait and see though... BMW exhaust note will need to prove itself against the AMG equivalent. No piped 'sport exhaust' noise for me.

·
Super Moderator
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would wait and see though... BMW exhaust note will need to prove itself against the AMG equivalent. No piped 'sport exhaust' noise for me.
These are some topics recently from the private lounge,

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/en/community/forum/models/c-class.topic.html/2019_c63_s_amg_exhau-biwf.html

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/en/community/forum/private-lounge/general-discussiontopics.topic.html/2019_c63s_no_popsan-GLmX.html

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/en/community/forum/private-lounge/general-discussiontopics.topic.html/2019_c63_c63s_exhaus-P9WL.html

Where people raised their displeasure about their 2019 C63s as all their cars lacks the advertised exhaust noise. AMG has no response as of yet, most of them think they are ripped off.

So i wouldn't hold my breath about the AMG exhaust but i hope they improve it

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Its kinda funny ... e-noise system to simulate sounds which does not improve performance yet adds parasitic weight and e-power draw ... duh?

Dont the 63’s have a quiet/loud flap?

Maybe my priorities are changing ... but even if my exhaust is a bona fide acoustically tuned 150db system blasted towards the poor soul aft, when my windows are closed I better just hear a fraction of that
Or do a Lexus move and invoke the anti sound generator heh!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts