Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my car this past weekend. I know this may be a silly question, but the rear view mirror I am not able to adjust. Can someone tell me if there is a button to adjust the view or is it manual? The mirror will not budge when I attempt to move/adjust it manually. If anyone knows, please let me know because I don't know if I am doing this wrong or the mirror is just stuck.

Thank you

· Registered
1,771 Posts
I know my rearview mirror is a bit stiff to move around.. Have you tried using a little force to see if you can adjust it.

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum golden_daisyy :)
Not so silly because we don't know the car's history, which may have involved a windshield/mirror replacement. Suggest you ask a MB service advisor to show you how to adjust. No charge, you are still under MB warranty.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Well, compared to what you would get in econobox cars, some of those rearview mirrors are so flimsy and poorly constructed, a little shimmy on the road, will get it dislodged from its set position.

Just grab the rearview mirror with two hands and adjust.

· Registered
2014 CLA 250 4MATIC EDITION1
3 Posts
Considering that the rear window is so much smaller on a coupe like my CLA250 there isn't much adjusting you can do. That may contribute to the other reason that it is stiff (minimizing wobbles).

· Registered
27 Posts
I just purchased my car this past weekend. I know this may be a silly question, but the rear view mirror I am not able to adjust. Can someone tell me if there is a button to adjust the view or is it manual? The mirror will not budge when I attempt to move/adjust it manually. If anyone knows, please let me know because I don't know if I am doing this wrong or the mirror is just stuck.

Thank you

Thank you
Hi Golden Daisy,,before you go trying to force the mirror have a look on the window controls on the door controls..
You will see Left and Right outside mirror contrls,,
and in between these is your inside rear veiw mirror control..
Easy to set up,,all electronic ...OK
Thats what I have on my CLA 220d 2016 with AMG Pack..
Let me know how you get on...
CHEERS Chris..

· Super Moderator
756 Posts
Hi Golden Daisy,,before you go trying to force the mirror have a look on the window controls on the door controls..
CHEERS Chris..
Really have electric rear view mirror, that’s a first

· Registered
87 Posts
CHEERS Chris..
I've never heard of that, mine certainly doesnt have it

· Premium Member
13,595 Posts
thats the mirror fold button i think

the interior rearview mirror is tough to adjust (which is good … i hate buzzing mirrors)
so as noted just grab it both hands and yank it around

… that didnt come out right …

· Registered
478 Posts
If in doubt and the MB dealership is close by, take a ride over and have your sales person show you how to adjust it. If the set screw was over-tightened and the stalk breaks - let it be them so they'll have to replace it.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Really have electric rear view mirror, that’s a first
same here, when I first read it, I was scratching my head about the availability of such a cool convenient function as a rearview mirror power adjustment.

Just to confirm, is such a convenient function real? Even the new 2022 models don't have that cool functionality in north america.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
I just did a internet check for availability of a power adjustable interior rearview mirror, don't think they are actually even offered on the high end Mercedes models like the GLS 450. As far as I know, they are still manually adjusted. The steering wheel , seats, side mirrors, trunk, are all powered, but I am pretty sure the interior rearview mirror is not.

would @clc care to upload a picture of it, and show us what that button looks like? As JMC correctly indicated, that button you said you have in your CLA, is a button that close and open out the side mirrors in our north american CLAs.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Okay, for my own sanity sake, I went to the Australian mercedes website (checking the Avatar of @clc, I assume the origin is Australia), and looked at the 2022 CLA 45AMG specs, all the option packages , it does not specify availability of a powered interior rearview mirror, except for powered folding side mirrors and also auto-dimming interior rearview mirror.
CLA configurator - Australia

So I am not sure where this powered adjustment interior rearview mirror is coming from for the CLA.

· Registered
478 Posts
Sorry Guys and Girls,,I Fu....k up,,, its been so long since I had a look at that button I got it wrong....You guys please forgive me,,
I guess that's what happens when you start to get old...
Yess that button is to fold up the mirrors..
Man,, I must have had one joint too many..
CHEERS clc,,
No worries!!

With all the different terms around the world today (boot vs. trunk, hood vs. bonnet, truck vs. lorry, girlfriend vs. hooker) there's no wonder that people get confused. They're all rear view mirrors - some outside & some inside. JMC's got a point - just don't post a response when you're hung-over or buzzed. It always gets me in trouble.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts