Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Can you upload a photo before you take it in for a replacement s-wheel?

Reactions: Dancla250

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Yes, I see.
Manufacturing defect - take it back immediately!
It is not going to get better with time...only worse.

( Good picture ✅ )

· Premium Member
13,595 Posts
DEFECT -- warranty the darn thing

like one of my headrests started to wrinkle ... looked out of place (quite frankly ugly) ... so warranty replacement ... end of story

· Registered
31 Posts
My wife’s 2020 CLA seems fine but I’m gonna check tomorrow to make sure!!
I own several late models Mercedes. I found the steering wheel cover materials are soft. So, I always buy after market leather cover to cover the steering wheel. I found stylish color matching covers and that way I preserve the steering wheel for a long time.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Little update, I took it back and one said that usually happens when people are picking at it (what???) or some lotions can do that to it. I call Bs and think it’s just cheap material they use. The car was literally manufactured in December 2020. Anyways, it took about a week to get in but they did replace the steering wheel. I will most definitely be purchasing a cover for it though!

· Registered
2,415 Posts
Quite rewarding ✅ ...it should have never left the factory(y).

· Premium Member
13,595 Posts
Driving gloves are for nerds
will take that compliment buster!
i hate hate hate … err hate … err really hate shined up leather steering wheels
except for the clearcoats and silicon dioxide and polycarbonate panels i just dont like shiny stuff … distracts and glares at the most inappropriate times … ergo all that piano black or piano white stuff is a no no unless i grain it to remove the glare
yeah ok so i am a nut

· Registered
259 Posts
will take that compliment buster!
i hate hate hate … err hate … err really hate shined up leather steering wheels
except for the clearcoats and silicon dioxide and polycarbonate panels i just dont like shiny stuff … distracts and glares at the most inappropriate times … ergo all that piano black or piano white stuff is a no no unless i grain it to remove the glare
yeah ok so i am a nut
Magic Sponge for the steering wheel

1 - 20 of 39 Posts