Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
CLA C118 200d
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello :)

So, really i'm very disapointed with the engine of my car - engine code OM654 2.0 200d from 2022. It's is powerfull engine, responsive and have a good fuel consumption (avarege 5.5L/100km), but i'm dealing with a problem in the cold starts that bothers me.

Since brand new, after i start the car in the morings (or after stopping the car for a decent time - maybe half a day at least) and let him idlling for a minute, the engine starts misfiring/shaking for 30s at least. It shakes the whole car. That only happens in this conditions. If spet on the gas it stops, or putting in Drive and start rooling it stop doing that. After that the car runs fine.

It had been 5 times in the dealer to try solve that, but no success. No engine codes, nothing.

In the last time, they had the car for 2 weeks and the conclusion that they reached is that is "normal" caracterist of the engine, and they had try another car with the same engine and does the same thing :( .

Two moths ago, the check engine light cames on when i was driving for work ( the car had aprox. 7000km on the clock). So it has a faulty NOX sensor. The sensor had been replaced but the 30 seconds of misfiring/shacking after the cold start continues until today.

Anyone with this engine OM654 2.0 200d,180d or 220d have experience that?

I get very anxious and scared with every cold start, and I've never experienced this in any car before :(.

I have a video that it's possible to hear the misfire/shaking sound from the engine: (it starts misfiring at 1:00)

My car is a CLA C118 2.0 200d year 2022, it have now 10000km.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Diesel or not , it should not be shaking like that after starting the engine. While I was working in Europe, drove a number of diesel cars, and none of them had that characteristic you described.

Get it back to the dealer and , since it's literally still new, have it resolved under warranty.

· Registered
CLA C118 200d
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diesel or not , it should not be shaking like that after starting the engine. While I was working in Europe, drove a number of diesel cars, and none of them had that characteristic you described.

Get it back to the dealer and , since it's literally still new, have it resolved under warranty.
I totally agree with you, i think that is not normal.

The delaer tried another 2022 C118 brand new that they have in the showroom and it does the same thing. So Mercedes Portugual aclaimed that is a normal caracteristic of that engine, and that coud be fixed in a future software update :( .

I'm really disapointed :cry:.

But it will go back to the dealer, I can't accept that the car does this, it looks like it's broken from factory... which it actually is :mad:.

I would like to know how the final quality control is carried out at the factory...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts