Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the car on ramp for ceramic coating an noticed this valve on the back box which i didnt know it had

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Impressive showcase!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The fake exhaust is so lame. That's one big plus of the first gen CLA. It had real exhausts.

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
yoshi - yeah i like real exhaust tips!
ans - which model/option is your car? surprised there is a output valve there ... any harness connection?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yoshi - yeah i like real exhaust tips!
ans - which model/option is your car? surprised there is a output valve there ... any harness connection?
250 uk spec ,premium plus, yes it is wired up so guess it opens when you switch to sports mode

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I don't think the 250 pops and bangs though. At least not in the rental I got but that was a standard 250. How does it sound in sport?

The new amg 35 and 45 have semi fake tips. There is at least a real pipe behind the tips but it's not fully connected. It's strange how bmw, Merc, Audi are even doing this in their top of the line flagships. Such a lame trend

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
It's strange how bmw, Merc, Audi are even doing this in their top of the line flagships. Such a lame trend
I like what that one member did to his 2020 ... chopped off the fake ports and put real twins

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I like what that one member did to his 2020 ... chopped off the fake ports and put real twins
Yeah a younger me might have done that. I think the 35 is the least offensive since the exhaust lines up and is only about an inch away from the exhaust tips. You really cant tell unless you look closely. The 45 is actually worse since its exactly the same two exhaust pipes as the 35 but the tips are quad tips which looks lame.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Yeah a younger me might have done that. I think the 35 is the least offensive since the exhaust lines up and is only about an inch away from the exhaust tips. You really cant tell unless you look closely. The 45 is actually worse since its exactly the same two exhaust pipes as the 35 but the tips are quad tips which looks lame.
Well ... my vote is to be younger for a day hack those ovals out and weld on some pretty twins

·
Registered
454 Posts
mine has this valve too... the 220 (RIP) and the 250 comes with it. the valve opens in Sport, but no big difference. I saw this supersprint too but it has no ECE oder E Badge so it’s illegal here in switzerland :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts