Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the last few days the car has been popping up a warning note on the dash to say the coolant should be topped up. She is only 3 and a 1/2 months old, has anyone else had this happen? I am already booked in to the stealership next week for other issues so I will get it topped up then. I am just wondering if the ambient temperature has any effect on the coolant as we have been suffering with very high temperatures over the past couple of weeks (38+ degrees celsius with 90+% humidity).

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
It should not be needing any coolant top up with just 3 months of ownership, even with 38C temps. Unless your reservoir cap is loose, or there is a leak somewhere in your engine coolant system. When your car is in the shop, get them to check for leaks.

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Might also be an over zealous sensor (hey buster i am 1mm below midline!)
Take a peek ... level should just cover the indicator bar (presuming similar hardware for new cars)

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car spent the day at the local service centre, my engine light issue seems to have fixed itself, they have not been able to find anything wrong. Batteries are both fine, all it needed was a top up of coolant, this is 'not abnormal' according to the SA, something most AMG's do. They were at a loss to explain the pages of error codes that I had cleared before Christmas last year, when I suggested an over zealous pre-delivery employee may have done a few donuts and 0 - 100 trials in the dealership lot before I got it, he said 'not possible, well. highly improbable'. Sigh. Anyway, it appears all is well again (until the dash lights up like a Christmas tree with error codes next time it decides to go berserk).

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Be gutsy?
Disconnect all batteries and sit overnight
Reset the darn thing
Just hope all your windows still work afterwards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts