Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CLA250 4MATIC SPORT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new user here! I just recently purchased a 2016 CLA250 4MATIC Sport (AMG-Line) down here in Southern California almost 2 months ago and already started to tear at it. I'm planning on collaborating with a local tuning company to start getting some custom parts made (forged parts if needed) to achieve 400awhp.

So I did some researching and thanks to wiki and a few forum posts, I found out that the 45amg (m133) uses the same measurements as the 250 (m270) for the bore and stroke. With that, I bought some 45amg pistons (complete rods and heads) from a yard locally for a little over $500 for all 4 with less than 15k miles on them (same year as mine,2016). I figured since there was only 1 post I found on here about a guy from Brazil that talked about it but never really spoke much on it, that I'd give my insight.

Short answer, they work.
Longer answer, I'm not exactly sure just what can be achieved with this though. I understand with them being forged that we can have a bit more play with them and being a little more forgiving taking higher boost psi but before I go raising limiters and throwing crazy tuning at the ECU, I do want to fully break this in. I'd say about 1k more miles, and supporting mods.

1. Then from there, work with my friend who owns the local tuning shop and his engineering friends to see about making a more reasonable camshaft custom made to fit the m270 to help lower compression with these m133 pistons, seeing as how they love the lower compression from the factory. So far, the only thing I've had to do is work a little with retarding the timing just a slight and throw a tad more fuel to get these performing right. Tuner said it may have been able to run fine without doing so, but we did it just to be safe.
If anyone engineers or anyone with more knowledge about these two engine can comment or send me a message with what they know, that would be highly appreciated!

Thank you guys,
Grey Sinclaire

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Interesting trek!
Did you happen to find out any factory p/n info for the head / block / crank / journal bearings / etc? Just curious if those are the same. Even the m270 and m274 sisters have variant p/n like the valves (i know say what?) as its claimed the tune is totally different bla bla bla.
You probably already know the TK turbo kit with its associated components and tune takes the otherwise stock motor to >300hp which aint too shabby though which turbo are you considering?
Do you have any dyno run data yet?
May we know who the tuner is and what hw/sw they are using?
Pretty sure a lot on inquiring minds want to know ... cuz if this all works out and if the gen1 rear diff holds it will be cool see how this 250 mod holds up against the 2020 45

1 - 2 of 2 Posts