Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if any of these questions have been asked before.

i'm coming from a rather large car (Jaguar XF) and am considering the AMG version.

1. FOr those that already have one of these. When you sit in the front seats, do your legs bump the center console (more important for folks in left hand drive cars)? When I drive my Girlfriend's Jetta, my legs are touching the center console and in the Jag it doesn't. For reference I'm 5'9
2. I've seen the walkaround video where the german guy sits in the back seat. I'm trying to guage about how tall of a person can sit in the back seat?

If anyone wants to post a picture or two of themselves in the car that would be AWESOME

Thanks,

jA

·
Registered
106 Posts
The size of the car is what worries my the most. Its why I wont place an order early til I get some seat time in September.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm not so worried about size. I drive an RX8 right now, so it will be much larger than that! I know I will miss standard transmission . . . .

·
Registered
730 Posts
Won't be as roomy as an XF, will be roomier than a Jetta. Those who are 6'+ may have rear headroom issues, depending on their body-frame (ie. long torso? long legs?) & how the front-seats are positioned.

MB did some impressive packaging w/ this platform, considering the final product is a 4-door coupe that is compact-sized. The 1st gen CLS was noticeably taut/snug in the back, for a midsize vehicle. I believe the CLA will actually be air-ier & more comfortable than the original CLS.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Won't be as roomy as an XF, will be roomier than a Jetta. Those who are 6'+ may have rear headroom issues, depending on their body-frame (ie. long torso? long legs?) & how the front-seats are positioned.

MB did some impressive packaging w/ this platform, considering the final product is a 4-door coupe that is compact-sized. The 1st gen CLS was noticeably taut/snug in the back, for a midsize vehicle. I believe the CLA will actually be air-ier & more comfortable than the original CLS.
I def agree with you. I had a chance to test drive the CLA after the NY Auto Show and to say the least, the car is awesome. I also had a chance to gauge the interior rear seat room and it's not that bad. My stance is that if you plan to frequently have passengers, then warn them that the ride in the backseat might be a bit uncomfortable.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The headroom in the backseat is really minimum I'm 187cm and my head (short hair) touches the roof when I stretch.

Good for me that I don't have to sit in the back, one can imagine that one bump/speedbreaker will definitely won't be pleasant. So like Badmon suggest, if you have a lot of passengers in the back, it's maybe wise not to get this car.

Personally, I don't give a crap about the passengers in the back. They should adjust or come with their own transport :crazy:.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The size of the car is what worries my the most. Its why I wont place an order early til I get some seat time in September.
I was worried about the size before I tried the car. After 24 hours with the CLA me and my family is surprised by all the "worrying". I was sitting in the backseat for one and a half hour and felt nothing but comfortable. My hight is 182 cm.
969185_10151397237825836_925932301_n.jpg
CLA looks big compared to a VW Golf.

·
Registered
681 Posts
FYI - 182cm = 5' 11". +/- sunroof should have an effect on interior height too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
FYI - 182cm = 5' 11". +/- sunroof should have an effect on interior height too.
That's right. As I sat in the back seat I thought if you are more than 6 feet you might touch the roof. Notice that the sunroof has no influence on the height in the back seat because it is below the fixed part of the roof (look at the picture).

·
Registered
896 Posts
im not gettin pano because i didnt know the pano interior COVER/slide shade was SEE THRU!

getting no sunroof in my amg

roof will be painted black the first week i get it tho!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was too worried about the size, after getting the car Im not worried anymore. First of the exterior size is huge, the car doesnt look small as in some pictures, in real life its a c-class mercedes but even some cm longer! About the sunroof, I was too worried that if I take the panroof it will be less space between the roof and head, it was the opposit! I took the panroof just because of its look, it was that or just get the roof wrapped but I did not want to hassle with a new car so I took the panoroof and its very nice but I havent used it yet! hah

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm 6'3" and have to tilt my head whilst sitting in the backseats. My kids are 4 & 2 yrs old, so from my calcs, that won't be a problem, and neither will there be any opportunity for me to be a back-seat passenger in my own car. Problem solved! If your mates are tall, let them sort their own rides, taxi.....?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts