Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im a new member from CT.

Anyway, I've been waiting on the CLA for a long long time...I currently drive a G35x, and I'm looking to trade in my lease for another lease. This is the deal I got offered, I want to know your suggestions. Also I've been hearing alot about tranny problems and check engine lights...is this something i should look out for or put my purchase on hold or even be worried?

The deal: CLA 250, with sports package, bi xenon headlights, premium package... with only fees down ( ~ $2200) = 353/month for 36 months, 12K. Car is white on black.

Should i push for a sunroof? For those who already got it, is it worth it? Any help would be really appreciated!! Hope to be able to put up pics soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
CLA 250, with sports package, bi xenon headlights, premium package... with only fees down ( ~ $2200) = 353/month for 36 months, 12K

I have no idea how other people get such excellent deals.

My deal was = $6000 down, $430 monthly for 36 months, 10k miles and the MSRP of the CLA was $36K.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CLA 250, with sports package, bi xenon headlights, premium package... with only fees down ( ~ $2200) = 353/month for 36 months, 12K

I have no idea how other people get such excellent deals.

My deal was = $6000 down, $430 monthly for 36 months, 10k miles and the MSRP of the CLA was $36K.
I got 3K off sticker price, I was quoted at $32650. Sales guy said theyre just trying to get these things on the road... Just a quick correction, now that I look at it...there isn't a premium package..its just a stand alone heated front seats.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pano is amazing! Get the blind spot warning. This car has a serious blind spot issue and it could save your life. Also look into a spoiler, it makes the car flow really well with the sports pack.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got 3K off sticker price, I was quoted at $32650. Sales guy said theyre just trying to get these things on the road... Just a quick correction, now that I look at it...there isn't a premium package..its just a stand alone heated front seats.
The dealer is probably trying to sell them quick so they get more allocation. What traditionally happens is that the manufacture typically has to keep giving allocation to dealers whose days in inventory is below 90 days. With that said you got a great deal if your payment is only $353/month

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer is probably trying to sell them quick so they get more allocation. What traditionally happens is that the manufacture typically has to keep giving allocation to dealers whose days in inventory is below 90 days. With that said you got a great deal if your payment is only $353/month

Thanks it does seem like a good deal...my budget was 500/month (including insurance which runs about 150 a month for me)... Im just skeptical about being a beta tester with all the issues so far with check engine lights, tranny problems etc.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks it does seem like a good deal...my budget was 500/month (including insurance which runs about 150 a month for me)... Im just skeptical about being a beta tester with all the issues so far with check engine lights, tranny problems etc.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Go enjoy the car.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
What are the problems with the tranny? The transmission's responsiveness has been discussed in reviews. It's not broken. For better or worse it's the way it works. And, one person had a check engine light. I wouldn't call the CLA a car with 'problems' at this point.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If you are really not coming up with more than $2200 including drive off, it is the most insane deal I have seen. The dealer doesn't have anything near $3000 to give even if the 1% hold back is thrown in. They are net losing money on this deal and the car has extremely desirable color / option combo. I still not getting the rationale of losing money on cars just to get more - to lose more ?
All doubts aside, yes, this is the steal of the year. Be the first one at the door as some one at this forum may beat you to it :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TwiCkk, out of curiosity who are you working with at MB Fairfield?

-Eric
Craig Wynne. I actually got a better deal at Greenwich dealership, they quoted me for $31225 for a premium + heated seats + bi xenon headlights at 349/month with 1839 due at signing including all fees. It just doesnt have the sport package and i really really want that...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm willing to bet the non sport package cars will start selling under sticker very shortly. There will be quite a few CLA's on the road soon without it.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Interesting, and both are owned by Penske. I was planning on stopping by Greenwich to take a look at one...hopefully this week if the stars align.

-Eric

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting, and both are owned by Penske. I was planning on stopping by Greenwich to take a look at one...hopefully this week if the stars align.

-Eric
Yeah it looks like a steal at 1800 down and 350/month, the sales guy did say these figures are ball park since he didnt run a credit check on me. But he discounted 3k off sticker price. That's for sure.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Craig Wynne. I actually got a better deal at Greenwich dealership, they quoted me for $31225 for a premium + heated seats + bi xenon headlights at 349/month with 1839 due at signing including all fees. It just doesnt have the sport package and i really really want that...
I just texted my sales rep about the deals and he almost fell off his chair ( still at work closing out a deal.)
They now have an active wait list on the CLA even though they have not seen any car with sport package or in Cirrus White.
Everyone they got had premium, panoramic roof and the $500 18" wheels. None had leather. None had multi-media. None had Xenon and none stay on the lot for more than 24 hours.
And none got a penny off MSRP.

Are you by chance a 5' 10" exact duplicate of Angelina Jolie ???

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Like outsider, I can't imagine how they're doing $3K off though even with the 1% hold back. The margins on this car are very thin. Regardless, if the numbers of the deal all make sense once you've added them up (and made sure they didn't add cost back in somewhere else), it sounds like an amazing deal.

-Eric

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just texted my sales rep about the deals and he almost fell off his chair ( still at work closing out a deal.)
They now have an active wait list on the CLA even though they have not seen any car with sport package or in Cirrus White.
Everyone they got had premium, panoramic roof and the $500 18" wheels. None had leather. None had multi-media. None had Xenon and none stay on the lot for more than 24 hours.
And none got a penny off MSRP.

Are you by chance a 5' 10" exact duplicate of Angelina Jolie ???

Like I said, the dealer at Greenwich quoted me 349 with fees down only, on a $34250 car, reduced to $31150... 36 mths...12K + 1 year maintenance(I think thats what he said)... This is for a car in stock. This has only heated seats and bi xenon. no sports.

The fairfield dealer quoted me at 353/month with 2200 down(Im not sure how their fees are different than other dealer's fees), 36K, 12 months.. This car would be here at the end of this week, apparently its in baltimore at the port. This has sports and bi xenon. MSRP $36750 down to 33 and change..

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The amount "down" is not the same as the "amount due at signing" so it doesn't surprise me that they're offering different amounts. They're offering different deals. The former is the equivalent of your down payment. It is included in the latter amount along with dealer fees, first month fees, DMV fees, and whatever else they charge.

If you don't have it you should have each of them send you:

MSRP
Cap Cost Reduction
Lease Term
Residual Value/%
Money Factor
Down Payment

And, you should also confirm the mileage and the amount due at signing.

-Eric

1 - 20 of 41 Posts