Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..
Looking to order a cla45 amg but need some clarification with options. For a base of just under 50K, it ballooned up to near 75 K by the time I had it optioned out.. Great car but this seems high. Could someone tell me what is in each of the packages.. please.. I have got to thin it out before ordering. For example, where is the sun-roof? Can I do anything about the tires and where am I optioning for 19inch
wheels? Thanks so much..
david

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Hi All..
Looking to order a cla45 amg but need some clarification with options. For a base of just under 50K, it ballooned up to near 75 K by the time I had it optioned out.. Great car but this seems high. Could someone tell me what is in each of the packages.. please.. I have got to thin it out before ordering. For example, where is the sun-roof? Can I do anything about the tires and where am I optioning for 19inch
wheels? Thanks so much..
david
David,

Take a look at the Dealer Order Guide listed on the home page of the website. I believe it contains answers to most, if not all, of your questions. If you've added every possible option to the car with abandon to price then, yes, you've probably configured a car for $65K+.

-Eric

P.S. There is no sunroof without the Panorama option.

P.P.S. Also, take a look at this press release from MB. It provides a little more detail on the 45's features.

P.P.P.S. Do you have a Viggen? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ,, will look those up. Wish it was 65K.. but my quote came in at the 75K point..
Yep, I have a viggen conv't.. with stage 4 mods from genuine saab.. I put in a Quaiffe to help with the torque steer, and most days it will break loose at 50mph in second... did I mention torque steer lol
david

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Nice! Post some pics when you get a chance! Torque steer has to be an understatement in that car -- even a stock Viggen had issues with getting all of the power to the ground.

I'm not sure how you get to $75K unless you're factoring in tax or prices are that much different in Canada. If you check every box in the US you're looking at a car that's just shy of $71K. It's just my opinion, but this car doesn't make much sense to me at that price. YMMV. At that figure, I'd start looking closely at a Maserati Ghibli since it, too, will be available with AWD. Yes, it's larger but it also looks awesome.

-Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Eric;
Will put up some pics during the rebuild of the viggen once I find the hard drive with em on it ..lol...

I agree,, once ya get up to the mid 70s,, there are others to look at like the Ghibli,,, Amazing how that 100K mark slips up on one, and the rear seats disappear and Porsches appear.
Now Audi is hinting that the S3 sedan is in the pipeline,, must say that I enjoyed the drive in the S4. Maybe a bit sedate? So expect the S3 to be a bit blah. I don't miss the
tugs on the wheel,, but I don't want to fall asleep out of boredom either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts