Mercedes CLA Forum banner

ABS/ESP, Parking Brake and Check Engine Lights Popped up on traffic

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jmc 
#1 ·
Hi! So I was in traffic yesterday when I noticed the brake pedal was starting to act funny. It was acting like ABS was being activated, and suddenly, my dash lit up with ABS, ESP, Parking Brake and Check Engine Light. I quickly pulled over, and the steering wheel got hard to move.
After 5 minutes, I restarted the car and all the warnings had disappeared, except for the Check Engine.
I drove to my house like this because it was close, but I noticed the brakes were inconsistent and the car was in limp mode.
I parked it, checked the battery voltage with a multimeter, it was good, the auxiliary battery voltage, and it was perfect.
When I went to turn the car on two hours later, the check engine light did not pop up, and the car was "normal"

Can anybody give me any advice on what is going on?
Thank you in Advance

#2 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum @BrandonRH00 :)
First suggestion is to use a code reader and check for codes.
Other members may have additional suggestions.
What model year is your CLA and which city are you near.

#3 ·
In addition to the standard obd2 code reader

For safety sake may want dealer to pull stored codes and error flags specific to those systems
( the initial quick test results which gives the overall picture then which segment to drill down into for more details )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.