·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Any way to confirm NTG5xx ??
Needs to be 5s1 or better ... or something like that

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well guys, I bought the damn chip and I got the Android Auto activated. They made me make sure the car is built after /01/2016 Amount I paid for single use was ridiculous.. And its crashes time to time but seems like its everyones problem.. But I have to tell you just able to use waze handfree is worth it in my opinion. I don't even care anymore the version of my maps and dumb dealer tech's work.. if you're close to houston you can chip in and we can try it to see if its works on yours and my damage lightens up ..

·
Super Moderator
1,825 Posts
Well guys, I bought the damn chip and I got the Android Auto activated. They made me make sure the car is built after /01/2016 Amount I paid for single use was ridiculous.. And its crashes time to time but seems like its everyones problem.. But I have to tell you just able to use waze handfree is worth it in my opinion. I don't even care anymore the version of my maps and dumb dealer tech's work.. if you're close to houston you can chip in and we can try it to see if its works on yours and my damage lightens up ..
Can i ask you how much you paid ?

For 100-150$ it is fairly cheap compared to the dealer..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo I live in Austin. Would you be interested in letting me borrow it for $100? You can mail it to me and ill mail it back once im done. LMK im serious

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can confirm that this unlocking thing works without a glitch now, in my previous post I said that it was locking sometimes, it was probably due to phone, got a new NOTE8 and Android Auto is working like a charm, I mean all you have to say is OK GOOGLE take me here, take me there, even just the business names is enough, so fast, I set it up where phone hands of to WAZE and baamm.. working great.. Not sure about iPhone stuff, I quit using iPhones long ago.. but its there. You can still use your phone as well, it acts like screen is locked, just close that big android auto banner as you would close an app, bamm.. I mean really instead of paying tons on command system, I'd just do this.. I'm not even touching the command anymore.. it'd be nice if Android Auto would use the Card Reader tho.. which I'm sure they will soon.. I got 128GB SDcard on the phone and all my music is there but still it'd be nice to be able to use some of the native features of the car as well.. anyway.. strongly recommend.. again if you're in houston you can chip in and we can try it, if it works save you tons and my damage gets lighter..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can confirm that this unlocking thing works without a glitch now, in my previous post I said that it was locking sometimes, it was probably due to phone, got a new NOTE8 and Android Auto is working like a charm, I mean all you have to say is OK GOOGLE take me here, take me there, even just the business names is enough, so fast, I set it up where phone hands of to WAZE and baamm.. working great.. Not sure about iPhone stuff, I quit using iPhones long ago.. but its there. You can still use your phone as well, it acts like screen is locked, just close that big android auto banner as you would close an app, bamm.. I mean really instead of paying tons on command system, I'd just do this.. I'm not even touching the command anymore.. it'd be nice if Android Auto would use the Card Reader tho.. which I'm sure they will soon.. I got 128GB SDcard on the phone and all my music is there but still it'd be nice to be able to use some of the native features of the car as well.. anyway.. strongly recommend.. again if you're in houston you can chip in and we can try it, if it works save you tons and my damage gets lighter..
Which one did you finally installed on your car?

I have a 2016 CLA 250 but it was built in 09/2015. I got the firmware updated by the dealer and still contemplating on which way to go.
I have been emailing back and forth with UNICHIP, the manufacturer of OBD2 CarPlay Activator but they suggested I get the Mercedes CarPlay Box @$275 plus shipping.
They sent me the url to their installation video.

Cheers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
oh boy.. I watched that video and I rather use the comand instead of going in to intense surgery like that.. I didn't have to do any of that, I had already apple play and necessary hardware, special usb port etc. So no hardware upgrade necessary for me, just needed the activator. and it worked flawlessly.. My recommendation is, if you're willing to get your cars guts open like that let the dealer do it.. small cabling issue and fire may void your warranty and its still a new car. If you're in Houston or close by, drive buy and we can try it with my activator.

Which one did you finally installed on your car?

I have a 2016 CLA 250 but it was built in 09/2015. I got the firmware updated by the dealer and still contemplating on which way to go.
I have been emailing back and forth with UNICHIP, the manufacturer of OBD2 CarPlay Activator but they suggested I get the Mercedes CarPlay Box @$275 plus shipping.
They sent me the url to their installation video.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yo I live in Austin. Would you be interested in letting me borrow it for $100? You can mail it to me and ill mail it back once im done. LMK im serious
I did the same with a cousin of the CLA (I have a GLA 250) and it worked perfectly fine (mine is a 2016). I am in Dallas, so if you are going north instead of going south, you can try it with mine :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh boy.. I watched that video and I rather use the comand instead of going in to intense surgery like that.. I didn't have to do any of that, I had already apple play and necessary hardware, special usb port etc. So no hardware upgrade necessary for me, just needed the activator. and it worked flawlessly.. My recommendation is, if you're willing to get your cars guts open like that let the dealer do it.. small cabling issue and fire may void your warranty and its still a new car. If you're in Houston or close by, drive buy and we can try it with my activator.
Yeah man, I just don't want to do anything to my car if possible since it is still new and under warranty. I am in Las Vegas, would have been cool if I can drop by but it's a long way to drive :)
BTW, which activator did get?

41 - 60 of 80 Posts