Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've had my 2021 CLA for less than 48 hrs! I love it.
I got this after market grille installed today and then later tonight this happened.

I mean this basically feels like it comes from the distronic sensor right? As much as I love the grille I don't want to compromise any safety features within the car.

Any one know of any hacks to fix? Or take it back to the shop where I got the grille done.

I don't want to blast the guy cause he was really nice, if I can be honest about it???

Not sure what to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good luck,I don’t think you will be covered under warranty as the active assist radar is behind the star and you have moved it so they may get out of warranty repair because of that. I took my car to dealer for same fault and it took 14 weeks to get part, you maybe lucky and a software update may fix it but not in my case

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
If they disconnected a sensor and forgot to put it back that may be the cause

Or they only realized it after they started the car without the connection and just reconnected thinking all is fine

Not

Recal / resync may be needed

One reason to avoid having other folks mess with your car
I know its not everyones cup of tea ... but doesnt hurt give it a try ... just take lots of pix along the way etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information and feedback guys.

Lessons learned no doubt.

Through some divine miracle of the Mercedes God(s) it seems to be all clear and full functioning and the alert is no longer.

Winner winner, chicken dinner

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes after having my one fixed it displayed the message once more then vanished, as if it reset itself or recalibrated and i haven't seen it since , but good to know as I have this to be fitted

Attachments

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
If connections are not disturbed
And harnesses are not damaged
Replacing the grille should have no effect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts