Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1901356_855496484476139_2642339084711872937_n.jpg 10150679_844420172250437_8259932556415321563_n.jpg 10177313_842335065792281_7346873756235851127_n.jpg 10606175_924010094291444_4825318879744880324_n.jpg 10653735_943248625700924_7811069761545183294_n.jpg 10669376_942645632427890_5642063310491263942_o.jpg 10686755_936592983033155_5336595905806419458_n.jpg 009.jpg

1.AMG Steering Wheel
2.CLA45 AMG Diffuser
3.CLA45 AMG Front Grille [Chrome]
4.CLA AMG Rear Spoiler Carbon
5.W117 illuminated star
6.W117 Side Front Spoiler
7.W117 Original Mercedes Carbon Mirror Housing With Red
8.CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 radiator grill trim sheet set
9.CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 side trim sheet set
10.Red Seat Belt
11.Custom Exhaust
12.AMG 19 inch rim set | Edition 507 With Red Cap

·
Registered
713 Posts
First, car does look good.

But secondly, and more importantly, why would you spend all that money on AMG items to make your car look like an AMG...? Why not just buy the REAL AMG to begin with?

I think you may have just won the 'Ultimate Poser' award :haha:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Confused as well.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I can appreciate the dedication and the car does look great. That said, I would've just saved up and ordered a real AMG. Either way, well done and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I can appreciate the dedication and the car does look great. That said, I would've just saved up and ordered a real AMG. Either way, well done and thanks for sharing.
I can't even appreciate that, because with all the additional extras he tacked on, it adds NOTHING to the value of the car.... He writes the car off tomorrow in an accident, insurance won't cover anything in regards to the extras. He goes to sell the car in a few years, he will get maybe 10% of the extra he paid in mods back. Utter waste of money IMO. He had a great car, and now just made it the ultimate poseur to those true enthusiasts who can tell it's fake with a single glance. Blows my mind he would spend the money on the mods to begin with, going to guess the wheels are replicas..

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Nice car man except that quad exhaust + that AMG badge, it just looks fake to me and probably to anyone who knows Mercedes. Other than that AMG upgrades for inside and outside are really cool.

Guys thats what modding means you cannot judge anyone because he didn't get the amg. If you look up just between the 250 4matic there is $13k difference(in Canada) and with the packages it goes more.

You spend money for your car and it worths nothing except to make you happy which is more important then loosing couple thousands when selling the car :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Nice car man except that quad exhaust + that AMG badge, it just looks fake to me and probably to anyone who knows Mercedes. Other than that AMG upgrades for inside and outside are really cool.

Guys thats what modding means you cannot judge anyone because he didn't get the amg. If you look up just between the 250 4matic there is $13k difference(in Canada) and with the packages it goes more.

You spend money for your car and it worths nothing except to make you happy which is more important then loosing couple thousands when selling the car :)
Even if you can't afford the 45 then don't make your CLA 250 look like a 45. Sure mod it etc but just don't turn it into a poser instead show your car some respect.

Although each his own I suppose.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Adam, do wat you want, don't listen to these haters. I love it. AMG that shit out, pose all you want, do what you like, its your car. Do not let these AMG guys put you down. Get that pussy!

·
Registered
697 Posts
View attachment 13124 View attachment 13125 View attachment 13126 View attachment 13127 View attachment 13128 View attachment 13129 View attachment 13130 View attachment 13131

1.AMG Steering Wheel
2.CLA45 AMG Diffuser
3.CLA45 AMG Front Grille [Chrome]
4.CLA AMG Rear Spoiler Carbon
5.W117 illuminated star
6.W117 Side Front Spoiler
7.W117 Original Mercedes Carbon Mirror Housing With Red
8.CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 radiator grill trim sheet set
9.CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 side trim sheet set
10.Red Seat Belt
11.Custom Exhaust
12.AMG 19 inch rim set | Edition 507 With Red Cap

First time I look at this car, looks well, it displays a lot of the taste and affinity for the brand. I also like AMG, specially the sound of their engines, that is the reason why I changed the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I can't even appreciate that, because with all the additional extras he tacked on, it adds NOTHING to the value of the car.... He writes the car off tomorrow in an accident, insurance won't cover anything in regards to the extras. He goes to sell the car in a few years, he will get maybe 10% of the extra he paid in mods back. Utter waste of money IMO. He had a great car, and now just made it the ultimate poseur to those true enthusiasts who can tell it's fake with a single glance. Blows my mind he would spend the money on the mods to begin with, going to guess the wheels are replicas..
I've modded a couple of cars and so I understand where the OP is coming from. The audi scene is big on the "OEM +" look. For example. An A4 owner will modify his car to look like an S4, or S4 to RS4. Realistically MB is making it easy for non CLA 250 (or below) owners to make their cars look like the AMG. All it takes is the Sport package. Go Sport + and you even get the same seats finish. As a future AMG owner it doesn't bother me that the 250 owners are modding their cars to look like the 45. If anything, I'm more annoyed with MB not putting more distinction between the CLA45 AMG and the rest of the CLA line-up.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Adam, do wat you want, don't listen to these haters. I love it. AMG that shit out, pose all you want, do what you like, its your car. Do not let these AMG guys put you down. Get that pussy!
Has nothing to do with 'hating' or being an 'AMG guy and putting him down.'

If I had a 250 I would say the EXACT same thing. What I drive is irrelevant. I am 100% supportive of being proud of what you have but being REAL. Hell, every mod he's done looks great, EXCEPT for the fact that he's put the 'Turbo AMG' and AMG badge on the back. Take off those badges and I would say well done sir, great looking car.

If I rented a fancy suit, got a stylish hair cut and went into a bar trying to impress girls saying I'm some famous celebrity, "hey I'm brad pritt", they would laugh in my face because it's Pathetic. And I'm sorry, I'm not a snob whatsoever, but putting those badges on the car and pretending to have something he doesn't is just as sad. He should be proud of what he has without being so insecure as to try and portray that he has something he doesn't...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hell, every mod he's done looks great, EXCEPT for the fact that he's put the 'Turbo AMG' and AMG badge on the back. Take off those badges and I would say well done sir, great looking car.
This I agree with.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I am a proponent of modding in whichever way makes you happy, no matter how ridiculous it looks. As others said, the only thing I will never understand is the damn AMG badging.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I don't own an AMG. It just seems pointless, but if he makes him happy, that is all that matters, like most everything.

·
Registered
424 Posts
lol, WHAT?

Adam, I won't touch on the AMG badge because you've heard my response 12 times. However, the car looks great (minus that). Rims are stunning, where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Call me a hater all you want but I can't hold back. This is idiotic. I will agree with the others here and say that the mods do look good but only because you have recreated the AMG version of the car. Not only that but you have also bit into the Edition 1 accents. I shelled out extra cash to have the true Edition 1 so I will always show angst towards those who bite the style ;)

At the end of the day the CLA45 AMG you have created out of your 250 does look good. However, this is because Mercedes knows how to mod cars. The only good idea on this car that I will call your own is the rims and they are slick rims.

My only advice, and honestly do not listen to me, I am just some hater posting on a forum in your ride thread.....save up the extra cash next time and buy the real thing. As mentioned a few posts back...this is no different than driving the Chevy Cruise Z28 Edition.

Ill crawl back into the whole I came out of now haha

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Call me a hater all you want but I can't hold back. This is idiotic. I will agree with the others here and say that the mods do look good but only because you have recreated the AMG version of the car. Not only that but you have also bit into the Edition 1 accents. I shelled out extra cash to have the true Edition 1 so I will always show angst towards those who bite the style ;)

At the end of the day the CLA45 AMG you have created out of your 250 does look good. However, this is because Mercedes knows how to mod cars. The only good idea on this car that I will call your own is the rims and they are slick rims.

My only advice, and honestly do not listen to me, I am just some hater posting on a forum in your ride thread.....save up the extra cash next time and buy the real thing. As mentioned a few posts back...this is no different than driving the Chevy Cruise Z28 Edition.

Ill crawl back into the whole I came out of now haha
Hater, Hater. Great song by KoRn

1 - 20 of 47 Posts