Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

If you're looking to get a little more oomph out of your CLA, you have to look no further. I'm sure by now you've all seen the video posted below, and needless to say it is a thing of beauty. Unlike some of the competition, this flash provides true power gains throughout the powerband.

From the company:
RENNtech's proprietary ECU upgrade for the Mercedes M133 engine offers huge gains in performance across the entire RPM range without sacrificing around town comfort or daily driver reliability. The RENNtech tuning module allows the user to change the performance level and gives the ability to set different performance levels running both higher or lower boost compared to delivered settings. This gives you power on demand or economy when you want with smooth torque delivery and performance throughout the entire powerband. This also allows the user to compensate for fuel quality and places of extreme climate or to adjust for higher octane fuels and the added performance of racing blends. RENNtech's tuning module for the CLA 45 AMG is plug & play, delivered with a specific M133 engine harness to make installation simple and requires no cutting or splicing of wires.

2449.99 + FREE Shipping in the USA - Click here to order

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the speedo is correct, it removed the 167 limiter too eh?
Damn straight!

"Our ECU program will increase the vehicles top speed to the MB recommended top speed based upon the tire rating for the vehicle. This is to ensure safe operating conditions and that the vehicle maximum speed does not go beyond that of performance DOT tire ratings."

·
Registered
1,941 Posts

Unlike some of the competition, this flash provides true power gains throughout the powerband.

It's not a flash though. That's my biggest issue with its price. Its a piggyback setup and there's other vendors costing less than half that. One of which combined with a program for the trans and still comes in under their price point.

There's no LCD display just some pots on the bottom to dial in for octane. I wanna know what makes Renntech that much better than the competition. There's guys on here running both sides and they're all happy. I'd go for it if someone could tell me why it's better than brand X especially since guys on multiple forums are running brand X without issue. 7 hp on a dyno isn't worth almost $1500 more to me.

And I've sent my same questions to them. The answer: we've been doing this a long time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a flash though. That's my biggest issue with its price. Its a piggyback setup and there's other vendors costing less than half that. One of which combined with a program for the trans and still comes in under their price point.

There's no LCD display just some pots on the bottom to dial in for octane. I wanna know what makes Renntech that much better than the competition. There's guys on here running both sides and they're all happy. I'd go for it if someone could tell me why it's better than brand X especially since guys on multiple forums are running brand X without issue. 7 hp on a dyno isn't worth almost $1500 more to me.

And I've sent my same questions to them. The answer: we've been doing this a long time.

It's a very fair question, and I'm happy to help in whatever way I can. While the answer they gave you is short, it is much of the same reason we're offering it. Renntech has been doing this a long time and part of what you're paying for is their experience. The characteristics of each "tune" by different brands is going to provide a different experience, and we trust in their capabilities to provide an experience that is nothing short of exceptional. They as a company place a lot of money into R&D beyond what some others may. Sure you can slap a car on a dyno, get as much peak power as safely possible and call it a tune but that won't necessarily make the car good to drive. The power figures as stated by them is +50hp at 5500rpm, +40hp at 6100rpm and is designed to provide improvements throughout.

They are closed today, but I will contact them to see what their input is as well for you gladly. I hope that helps :)

edit: I overused the word experience in this post, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts