Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice 馃憤 one
Thanks, I was apprehensive about the product quality, as I got it off amazon.ca. There were reviewers who complained about it not sticking properly with the thin double-sided tape. Anyway, for $20, powder coated aluminium, I ordered it to try it out. It arrived overnight with Prime, inspected it and found it to be of decent quality, no scratches I could see or visible blemishes. The double-sided tape was quite sticky, fit was not bad, for one of the larger vent rings, driver side, I had to massage it a little to get it all into the right place. It has been over 24 hours, under cool temps (~ 5C), the rings are still firmly installed to the vents. Overall, fairly happy with the economical upgrade mod. =)

Registered
jmc
I installed same rings about a month ago, holding up very well and look great! The adhesiveness is good, I was also a little apprehensive about that.
Also installed a matching ring to the steering wheel logo, also from Amazon, compliments the vent rings well. You should check it out.
I recently parked next to an AMG which had similar rings, a little wider, I actually liked mine better!

Premium Member
well since i had to take them off anyway i said might as well try a multi thin layer misting on the oem textured rings 鈥 came out rather pretty
gave them that 3d textured look with a xmas red tone

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well since i had to take them off anyway i said might as well try a multi thin layer misting on the oem textured rings 鈥 came out rather pretty
gave them that 3d textured look with a xmas red tone
Post a pic ?

Registered
jmc
Those look cooool man, Great job!
How did you paint those, was there a way to remove OEM rings or did you mask and spray in place?

Premium Member
@alpet
why thank you 鈥 i prefer the textured look
as noted just mist the color on else the surface tension of the paint layer will fill in the valleys too much and it wont look as spikey
you can twist off the chrome rings then separate the textured inner ring for the painting
however when twisting off 鈥 the latching tabs may get a little damaged so its a bit of a gamble
worse case put a dab of silicone adhesive at reassembly

Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
Very fetching @jmc you really are the Jack of All Trades 馃憤

1 - 16 of 16 Posts