Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I have a 2014 CLA250 that came without backup camera and I want to get it installed. I know this topic has been discussed earlier but I’m still trying to get the most current information about it. Does anybody know a place that would install it in Orange County, California?
thanks,
Rey

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome Rey :)
What $ does your area MB dealer quote to do it?

·
Registered
896 Posts
a) mav238 had it done in Vancouver using an OPTIX system for a savings of $300 less than his MB dealer using non- OEM components. That's not Orange County And that is not current but it may help in the analysis you are doing.
b) Let us know what your MB dealer would charge you.
c) You should check around, but include Joe Eyerman of Rocco's Auto Tech, who has a MB background and can give you some options. (949)722-0707, 775 W, 17th St., Unit B, Costa Mesa, CA 92627, www.roccoaautotech.net

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sure, If you are willing to send your MBCLA repair/mods books.😉

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the OC I got a 2015 cla I got the backup camera installed in Anaheim , it’s called OC Auto Style , it’s on 2120 e Howell st , this was two years ago idk what he charges now but I paid him $700 At the time , they used one of those after market ones you can buy yourself but I was to nervous to do it myself. They connected it to the CLA factory monitor so it looks legit like if it was from Mercedes

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought an OEM full backup camera kit on Ebay for 600$ installed myself took me a weekend to do it. Comes with the OBD coder and everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts