Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just looking for some advice as I am interested in buying a 2014 Mercedes CLa 220 cdi amg over the weekend
The car has 105,0000 miles on it at present however it is a one owner car and has full service history with Mercedes. 7 services in total.
I usually do not buy high mileage cars just asking for some advice on what to look out for and if you guys would say if it is good to go for a car with such mileage or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Mkzp1 :)
There is a huge history available to you when using the search field above.
That said, some of our UK 220 owners will comment here for sure.
Also, our initial advice is to have an MB dealer give the 220 a thorough pre-purchase inspection.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
Just looking for some advice as I am interested in buying a 2014 Mercedes CLa 220 cdi amg over the weekend
The car has 105,0000 miles on it at present however it is a one owner car and has full service history with Mercedes. 7 services in total.
I usually do not buy high mileage cars just asking for some advice on what to look out for and if you guys would say if it is good to go for a car with such mileage or not.

I "rolled the dice" and bought a loaded 2015 CLA 250. I am retired and is my Florida car-because it had a complete history of service at MB of Naples and it was mint-I did the purchase at $11,860 two yrs ago. It had 103,500 on the clock. The car is a little rocket. This my second CLA 250-great little cars! Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Hi guys,

As recommended by one of our forum members, just pay for a mechanic to do a run down on it.

But if you want to save money, then during your test drive , check for :

1. idling of engine, is it smooth and steady around 750rpm
  2. any smell of gasoline in the cabin, pop the hood and see if any significant detectable smell of gas is present
  3. any CELs upon start up
  4. when switching gears from P to D and R, any unexpected rough transition in the transmission
  5. during the drive, stomp on the accelerator to see if the engine kicks down and accelerates through the revs, this car should pull up to 7000 rpm in "M" mode easily

Above are some of the major stuff to check, but smaller stuff like crack in the wheels , poor wheel alignment, should be something to think about as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts