Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Anyone has this issue with their mercedes? I just got mine not long ago after switching away from my dad's antique VW Beatle.

I have this same issue about my car's aircon, only the driver seat's air con is blowing but the passenger seats one are not blowing at all. Initially, I thought that it was due to something that was stuck in the vent but I read online on some air con servicing articles that it was due to the wiring faults?
Either way the car is in a workshop and going through some aircon servicing.

I guess after a while the wires come loose for some reason? That's the diagnostic and what the repairman said but it's a new car? Only been in the showroom for a while. A few months maybe. But.... idk?
Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Huang :)
Cannot recall seeing this issue here.
If your model year is 2020 they will fix it under warranty and tell you what was done. Come back here after you pick it up and let us know.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You are getting it serviced at the MB dealer...right?
What city are you near?

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum Huang :)
Cannot recall seeing this issue here.
If your model year is 2020 they will fix it under warranty and tell you what was done. Come back here after you pick it up and let us know.
Pardon me but how do i check a model? The official documents should have it right xD

Sorry. I am REALLY REALLY new to driving and cars. just turned 21

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Happy Birthday Huang!
Any authorized MB dealer can tell you the model, year and all original equipment by using the VIN on your dash.
What city are you near?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Since you are "REALLY REALLY new to driving and cars. just turned 21", let's start with the basics.

Are you aware that each round CLA vent is opened or closed by turning it?

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Since you are "REALLY REALLY new to driving and cars. just turned 21", let's start with the basics.

Are you aware that each round CLA vent is opened or closed by turning it?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
it's in Southeast Asia man. Sorry if my post isn't supposed to be here coz of the Asian region
__
Doesn't matter, You should be here as a registered Forum Member. We just want to help.
A close city will enable us to pull you up on a map, so what city are you close to?

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
51 Posts
CLA has climate control. In my head if it’s not a wiring issue, it could be turned off on one side and set to high on the other.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took delivery of my 2020 CLA in April. The Air Conditioning wasn't cold at all, so I brought it into the dealer. Turns out the ac was not working at all. I don't know what the exact problem was and it was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took delivery of my 2020 CLA in April. The Air Conditioning wasn't cold at all, so I brought it into the dealer. Turns out the ac was not working at all. I don't know what the exact problem was and it was covered under warranty.
Sometimes it could be the wiring. I had one with a manufactor error before. They coiled the wires around so they pressed on each other and short circuited. At least that's what the guy at the workshop said

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
__
Doesn't matter, You should be here as a registered Forum Member. We just want to help.
A close city will enable us to pull you up on a map, so what city are you close to?
The OP is located in Singapore, a country which is also a city. =)

That's why the OP indicated the HVAC issue is the "aircon" issue, only singaporeans/malaysians and some south east asian countries reference it as "aircon".

Singapore, the "cleanest" and safest country in the world. It's also a "fine" city, ie. don't do any misdemeanours, you get a fine immediately, and if you don't pay up, you get a visit from the cops.
Also, certain crimes are punished with the additional caning by the rattan stick. Leaves you permanently scarred, but you WILL never ever want to do it again. A very real deterrent.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The most common reason for repairing car air conditioners is a leak of freon. It has the property of quickly penetrating outside through cracks and even microcracks that can occur in pipes seals and a radiator. Therefore, the owner of the car needs to check the pressure in the system at least once a year. If you suddenly find poor ventilation of the air in the car or notice that the temperature decreases too slowly as a result of the air conditioner, you should contact professionals. I'm checking my car with the guys from socool.sg and very happy with their work.
Wait, looks like you are in the USA, why are you checking your car with an outfit located in singapore?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Wait, looks like you are in the USA, why are you checking your car with an outfit located in singapore?
Mav > Double mystery, due to the OP now being 'banned.'

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
seems like we have trolls all over ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts