Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
I just traded in my 2014 CLA today and got the 2020. What a massive upgrade, at least on the interior. I loved my 2014, but the technology, by late 2019, was pretty embarrassing. I was setting things up today - the only thing I think I have left to do is to mess around to get the garage door opener to synch - and came across one issue, which I am sure would be minor all the way down to a "who cares" from most. When I test drove the car back in September, I connected via BT (not Android Auto, it shows up fine there, but that's a different animal and I prefer BT) and played some of my tunes. I thought i was so cool that my album artwork from the app I was using (called Muzecast) immediately showed up on the screen. (To explain in one sentence, I'm a big music guy, own thousands of albums, and have meticulously, over the past ten years, gotten everything digital and even got all of the cover artwork scanned in.) Anyway, got the car today, and in the middle of the screen, instead of the album artwork, is just the "default" or "generic" album art for everything - the artwork doesn't change. Now, I know that it showed up with I did BT in the model, my GF even saw it, knows I am a little crazy about it, and laughed and said that was a selling point to me. I got several of the packages, including the premium package for 1,650 and the Burmester sound system for 850. For some reason, could the album artwork be in the multimedia package? The MM package only has navigation, video for navigation, and speed limit assist listed on the website....so I wouldn't have guessed it was part of that package.

I hope I've given enough information to answer the question. It was so easy to connect when I test drove, and everything worked so well then, I am fairly confident it has to be in the multimedia package (just not listed out), because I think I went through every setting in the car tonight.

I know this is a minor detail, but one I would like to know the answer to. I've only driven the car home from the dealership so far, but sat in the garage for a good 90 minutes setting it up, and am amazed at what an upgrade it is.

·
Registered
445 Posts
okay :-/ mine does it since ios13

so it‘s the same car that you drove and saw the cover in it? Did you setup the phone on the car right? you can choose between bt music/phone (call) and so on.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Of course MBUSA should be answering this question for you, but your dealer has already made the sale, so NEXT...

Why not go back to the dealer (or another) and try it on their demo?

I feel your pain: a few years ago I pared my digital library down to 10,000 songs to subscribe to Apple's Match. They are now attributing 6,700 of the songs to one artist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve got 10,209 songs on my phone and a USB stick in the car. Both methods show artwork for most of my music, but the odd album has artwork that is probably too big and gets rejected/ignored by MBUX. I also note that if I remove and reinsert the USB stick, it takes a while for the car to scan through the content and cache its copy of all the artwork.

If you're trying to troubleshoot, I’d recommend a USB stick with just a small sample set of your music.

Also - is the artwork genuinely embedded in the aac/mp3 files? iTunes, for example, used to keep its own cache of artwork rather than embedding it in the individual files.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies....to answer questions, I test drove the the same model - CLA 2020 - I think the only difference is that the demo vehicle every available option (of course, why wouldn't it). To be honest I may have test driven the AMG but I can ask the salesman. Mine has all the options that you think would affect this problem except multimedia package. The app I used to stream is called Muzecast - it's a great program, I have 28K songs on my home computer and they are all available on my phone and I can stream in lossless (FLAC, for those audio geeks out there). The artwork isn't embedded in any of the files, and the sizes aren't obnoxious - all the artwork is 600x600 (which is the standard size, generally). That shouldn't matter, at least I don't think, because nothing has changed from when I test drove the car as far as the software/my phone is concerned. It immediately showed up when I connected via BT, and I couldn't believe it was that easy. It was a relatively obscure album I tested/played, so it wasn't like the demo vehicle pulled it from some sort of online database, either.

I have messaged MBUSA, and we will see if I get a reply. The "good" thing is the dealership is very worried about their survey - both the salesman and finance guy said anything but a 10/10 is unacceptable and let them know of any problems - so I have that working for me, I guess. If it's something out of their control, and its in the MM package, I imagine there is nothing they can do for me, unless somehow everything I already need is in the guts/brains of the car and it's just the flip of a switch or something on their end, whether that's remotely or by taking it into the dealership. I'm a curious guy, I like to know things, and am a bit OCD, especially when it comes to my tunes. So as ridiculous as it sounds, I really want the artwork feature to work! The salesman said he'd play around with my issue on some of the cars on the lot on Monday.

Maybe I will go back to the dealership and go to their demo vehicle to show them the difference. I don't expect the salesman to remember something like that from 3 months ago. :) The fact he replied last night after hours was nice enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts