Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post some pics of the ambient lights at night? Also I'm curious are there LED's in other areas other than the headrests? From Mercedes website it just shows the lights under the headrests but I saw some pics online where there is ambient light in the door handles, cup holders, center console, underneath the seats, etc. Are those only in the AMG? Or does the base one have all those lights too??

Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can someone post some pics of the ambient lights at night? Also I'm curious are there LED's in other areas other than the headrests? From Mercedes website it just shows the lights under the headrests but I saw some pics online where there is ambient light in the door handles, cup holders, center console, underneath the seats, etc. Are those only in the AMG? Or does the base one have all those lights too??

Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions.
Those lights are in the regular 250 as well. Will post some pics if I remember to take some tonight but I remember there being lights in the cup holders, underneath the headrests, door handles, and I believe underneath the seats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, they are in all those places. I will try to post a few pics tonight as well.

Let me add a question. Those lights cannot be changed between different colors, right? I was a little disappointed to see they are orange. I will like much more a white soft color.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, they are in all those places. I will try to post a few pics tonight as well.

Let me add a question. Those lights cannot be changed between different colors, right? I was a little disappointed to see they are orange. I will like much more a white soft color.
You can definitely change their intensity from 0-5 but in menu it didn't look like you could change the color. You could probably go through and change the bulbs if you wanted to start down that journey...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone for the response.. cant wait for the pictures!!!

The ambient light is a small feature but in my opinion it's small things like this that makes the car feel premium and upscale.

I'm pretty sure you can change the color but changing the lil light bulbs on the inside. Might be a cool mod if someone really doesnt like the soft orange glow.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aww no pics? im sad :(
im curious on how the interior looks at night. Dealer closes at 6pm so I can't ever see the the cabin at night.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome.. thanks!
I would love to see some interior pics without the main door light on. Curious on the ambient light. Might be hard to photograph in such darkness though.

Love the illuminated door sills. Does anyone know if that is standard on all CLAs?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks fijiman, looks awesome.. i wonder how it looks with a black interior though. Looks great on beige or ash.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i found these off the net. Seems like from the other thread this is not standard in certain areas. Can someone confirm which lights the US Spec has? Hopefully it has lights in all the areas highlighted below. Looks like there is lighting for under the dash, cup holder, door handles and underneath the headrests.

lights under the front seats

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

They are very pretty soft yellow lights. White would not at all be good. I think this is one of the nicest features of the CLA. Everyone who drove or sat in the CLA in the evening when I first saw the car loved them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
They are very pretty soft yellow lights. White would not at all be good. I think this is one of the nicest features of the CLA. Everyone who drove or sat in the CLA in the evening when I first saw the car loved them.
I agree..

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yes, I'm pretty sure when I saw mph pop up in the digital read square where I have total miles set up to show.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks everyone for posting pics! much appreciated. I must say the ambient lights mercedes puts in their cars is one of the nicest small touches/features Mercedes has over the competition. Glad to see Mercedes didnt cheapen out on the ambient lights for the CLA.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts