Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I kinda like it :D but my wife likes the diamond grill more.. if i have money to much i would order a second bumper and make a switch from time to time :D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I love the panamera grill!

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
oh yeah that's pretty bad ass
though the girls like the bling effect from the diamonds (darn it)
the new A has the pan grille ... so in a way our diamonds "distinguishes" us from that series ... ;-)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I agree jmc! the 3d effect the diamond grill has is tough to beat. Plus our fish mouth isn't big enough for that grill. The new GLC AMG looks perfect from the front.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
I agree jmc! the 3d effect the diamond grill has is tough to beat. Plus our fish mouth isn't big enough for that grill. The new GLC AMG looks perfect from the front.
Yeah took some getting used to but that diamond array is quite nice and the CLA was first in line for that trim I believe.
As for the front opening ... I recall some early stage reviewer using the “dinner plate” comment about the star ... yet its always been normal size all along

·
Registered
105 Posts
Digging it. May potentially buy it.... but man, whoever owns the white CLA is trippin' balls. the yellow, blue and red colours are awful..

·
Registered
245 Posts
That actually looks pretty good. If I had the first clue about changing out something like this, I'd be all over it, I find myself frightened to even take the fuel cap off some days in case I break anything...

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
I dunno ... been staring at the 2 grille variants ... and somehow the (james bond) jaws look doesnt quite fit the lines of the nose section ... sorta like buck teeth.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ordered it! anyone knows how to replace the grill?
It's very easy to remove the bumper, on each side behind the wheel liner (front), remove 2 bumper clips, then after, there are 2 screws on the side front wheels on bumper, turn your wheels inwards depending on which side, remove those 4 screws total, then remove the lining that goes across the hood latch, remove those screws, and on the side of the bumper, little above the headlights, theres 1 more phillips screw on both sides, and after that, pull it out and watch out for the clips that attach to the side of your headlights. All this takes about 3-4 minutes. Then you can unhook the tabs from inside of the grill, just use a flat screwdriver and pry them carefully, super simple. Don't even need to lift or remove wheels for this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's very easy to remove the bumper, on each side behind the wheel liner (front), remove 2 bumper clips, then after, there are 2 screws on the side front wheels on bumper, turn your wheels inwards depending on which side, remove those 4 screws total, then remove the lining that goes across the hood latch, remove those screws, and on the side of the bumper, little above the headlights, theres 1 more phillips screw on both sides, and after that, pull it out and watch out for the clips that attach to the side of your headlights. All this takes about 3-4 minutes. Then you can unhook the tabs from inside of the grill, just use a flat screwdriver and pry them carefully, super simple. Don't even need to lift or remove wheels for this.
Thanks for the detailed description. Have you done this yourself personally? I've just ordered the panamericana grille but still too scared to DIY myself lol.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
can you snap a pic from a distance?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts