Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Since I'm delayed until a January build (P60 Night Package), I believe I will have the chance to listen to both the AMG standard and AMG performance exhaust before I make my final decision. Those are the only 2 viable options for me. No way will I be installing an aftermarket exhaust system.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Both! :)
Im gonna keep my performance exhaust on for at least a year however. But it should sell decently well to people without it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The difference in terms of the exhaust is a slight change from the stock exhaust. I do know exactly what it is but cannot say. However, there is a reason it is much louder. Worth ALL the money. ;)

·
Registered
896 Posts
im not getting the perf exhaust

but an aftermarket exhaust shouldnt void the warranty...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
294 Posts

but an aftermarket exhaust shouldnt void the warranty...]/QUOTE]

Depends on your dealer. Some are very liberal with their enforcement of regulations and others are very strict looking for any reason to deny a claim. At any rate, should not void warranty for other unrelated issues.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

but an aftermarket exhaust shouldnt void the warranty...]/QUOTE]

Depends on your dealer. Some are very liberal with their enforcement of regulations and others are very strict looking for any reason to deny a claim. At any rate, should not void warranty for other unrelated issues.
Totally agree. If one uses a simple CATback set up for sound effect only, it really shouldn't be much of a problem.
Now if you change the converter, X-pipe and header, you may void a significant part of your warranty.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I think for $450 for the performance exhaust is worth it, aftermarket would be at least double that +install.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would only get the AMG
performance exhaust only if it increases hp. Otherwise total waste of $$$. Anyone knows if it does or not??

·
Registered
534 Posts
A typical aftermarket performance exhaust gives an additional 5-7 hp

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Performance Exahust has a much deeper tone. I know what the difference is but I cannot say. Believe me, it screams in person! :)

It has a V8 sound rather then a 4. They really did a lot of homework with this one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Performance Exahust has a much deeper tone. I know what the difference is but I cannot say. Believe me, it screams in person! :)

It has a V8 sound rather then a 4. They really did a lot of homework with this one.
"Screams" as in very loud, or "screams" as in sounds good?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
A typical aftermarket performance exhaust gives an additional 5-7 hp
That depends on how much of the exhaust you replace. From header out including the X-pipe with modified converter may be. Otherwise it just add sound.
But the increased exhaust roar gives the driver the sensation of greater power and speed. You can be driving a small Honda with a giant 5" exhaust pipe with ear
splitting sound and you can for a moment fool yourself into believing you are captaining a Lambo. But 0-60 is still 10 sec...

·
Registered
347 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts