Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished making some carbon fiber decals to fit in the AMG text of the rim :)

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1397018364.467658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cool idea, I like your intentions. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will ever notice it. It's too small and you can see the pattern because of how small it is. However, I was always someone who wouldn't mind if I was the only person who knew about a mod--that was good enough for me, I'm sure it's the same for you.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yeah, barely noticeable. I'm assuming this is DiNoc or equivalent, right? Did you use any other glue that the sticky back it comes with?

·
Registered
529 Posts
you should def sell those, I would buy em. You should hook me up with a set for the idea tho ;)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just finished making some carbon fiber decals to fit in the AMG text of the rim :)

View attachment 8767

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum
Now, you, Sir, are who I will call a true Mercedes AMG enthusiast!

Unfortunately, as some already pointed out, it would not be noticeable to anyone but yourself who personally put it together. If the intention is for yourself to feel good about having carbon fiber AMG letterings on your wheels and no one else, then Sir, you have definitely achieved it and I applaud your effort and dedication and enthusiasm.
Of course, you can invite or drag people to squat down and stare at the AMG emblem about six inches away, they will will then say "Oh wow! didn't see that at all. But good job! how did you manage to get those letterings painted with carbon fiber?"

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Oh come on now its 2018 and carbon fibre paint is 1.99 at walmart ... oh sorry its only 2018 not 2081

Though that is pretty cool! Must be fine weave?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
That would just annoy me and make me think it's brake dust...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts