Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amusing Analysis between Mercedes S65 AMG vs Bentley Mulsanne

i present to you 13 minutes of entertainment... enjoy :)

me personally, way too much for an automobile no matter how wealthy i am... since im in the CLA mood, i would get myself the AMG version with all the sugarane that comes with it...

·
Registered
730 Posts
i present to you 13 minutes of entertainment... enjoy :)
Cool share, thanks! Gonna fwd that to my friend who is the dealer principal of the area Bentley dealership... :cool:

I assume Maybach is now defunct? It's too bad they developed their offerings on the previous gen. S-Class platform (W220) rather than the current S-Class (W221), as it was more-or-less DOA against the Rolls Phantom & Bentley Arnage/Mulsanne from the get-go. Shared S-Class architecture/underpinnings is one thing, but re-using design/style from the S-Class just didn't work at all whatsoever in this niche. In'fact, it was a bit nauseating (to double/triple/quadruple S-Class wood, leather, metal-work, electronics, switches, etc).

The next gen. S-Class will have a Pullman version, likely to preserve the MB DNA in its halo-offering. Might not be a bad idea this time. Forge forward w/ making an uber Benz, ja! Instead instead of trying to make a German Rolls/Bentley.

To take on Rolls & Bentley, an offering has to be sensual & not just cerebral. A German after a few drinks, if you will. And def' not a glossed-up, massaged, hyper-Benz (as the recent Maybach was). MB should definitely do the Pullman offerings, let them be the AMG realm & beyond of the S-class ($200-$250k & $250k-$300k). And a more unique S-Class derivative can be a new Maybach if they wish to preserve the brand ($350k-$3450k), but it needs to be executed right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts