Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 CLA 250 4matic and I am interested in android auto. It appears that I already have the phone integration that I see in several pictures posted through various threads. I have the 20 radio Navigation capable NTG5 media player. What is the next step to have this work? I'm new here and would really appreciate any help going forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1.Download the Android auto app on your phone
2. Plug your phone to the car USB Data port. (There’s two USB ports in the center console, make sure connect it to the DATA port, the further one from driver seat. The other port is just for charging.)
3. Go through the quick instructions on your phone and you will see Android auto pop on your Mercedes screen.
4. Enjoy

Only negative I have with Android auto is the music on google play is lower than the radio. So when you unplugged it exiting car the radio blast loud music

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.Download the Android auto app on your phone
2. Plug your phone to the car USB Data port. (There’s two USB ports in the center console, make sure connect it to the DATA port, the further one from driver seat. The other port is just for charging.)
3. Go through the quick instructions on your phone and you will see Android auto pop on your Mercedes screen.
4. Enjoy

Only negative I have with Android auto is the music on google play is lower than the radio. So when you unplugged it exiting car the radio blast loud music

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that and nothing happened so apparently Android Auto has not been activated. Should I try to activate it or just pay the money for the SD card that will allow the navigation system to function?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bummer, maybe you don’t have the smartphone integration package that allows for CarPlay and Android auto. If you don’t have that then there’s nothing you can do. If it was me I would buy an SD card on amazon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi see your post about android auto and I am also interested to purchase this type of vehicle kindly suggest me a better vehicle within normal budgets and kindly share me vehicle details I did not the knowledge of modern cars

·
Registered
5 Posts
plenty of options to do car play and android auto, my 2016 gla250 didnt have it till i used an obdII adapter to activate it. I would have to reactivate it after service at MB, until the last time i had it serviced, they upgraded it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts