Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it simply because MB can offer it in the 2015 model or is something else? It seems to me like the engineering seems pretty easy...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea why they are not offering it but it does suck. Its such a neat feature :( Maybe just something they can add to future years.
Neither the A or B class have it either, so it must be a cost thing. It makes no sense though because MB can just charge for the feature and make more money...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have no idea why they are not offering it but it does suck. Its such a neat feature :( Maybe just something they can add to future years.
I thought it was a waste until my wife got it. She probably saves 20 minutes per day not digging for keys in her purse! And I don't have to deal with at least once a month 'fire drills' at 7am- "Where are my keys! I'm late! Help me find my keys!"

·
Registered
331 Posts
I thought it was a waste until my wife got it. She probably saves 20 minutes per day not digging for keys in her purse! And I don't have to deal with at least once a month 'fire drills' at 7am- "Where are my keys! I'm late! Help me find my keys!"
I have it with my Altima.. And I love it!!

Reactions: omonline

·
Registered
730 Posts
Keyless along w/ various MBrace-2 functionalities via smart-phone apps (for remote-start, arm/disarm alarm, etc) would almost seem too obvious this day & age. The average consumer is very tech savvy & particular towards such stuff. Just look at how nit'picky we all are now towards our mobile-phone, portable devices/computers, and gadgets!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keyless along w/ various MBrace-2 functionalities via smart-phone apps (for remote-start, arm/disarm alarm, etc) would almost seem too obvious this day & age. the average consumer is very tech savvy & particular towards such stuff. Just look at how nit[picky we all are now towards our mobile-phone, portable devices/computers, and gadgets!
I bet it will be added for 2015, i can almost guarentee that. Well i guess with MBrace2 being standard for the CLA, you still will be able to unlock and lock the car remotely with a smartphone, but it would have been nice to have the push button start and stuff.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hmm.. Maybe they are thinking Mbrace will be the future key. Smart! Why charge you $650 when they can charge $280 per year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What I find even more interesting is the Bi-Xenon lights. I don't know if Hyundai or Scion have the same ones too but it seems like they're standard equipment yet MB charges for them even in the high-end C class. Kinda tacky.

·
Registered
730 Posts
What I find even more interesting is the Bi-Xenon lights. I don't know if Hyundai or Scion have the same ones too but it seems like they're standard equipment yet MB charges for them even in the high-end C class. Kinda tacky.
Hyundai and/or Scion don't have BiXenon headlamps standard. If anything, they may be part of an optional technology or premium package that can be added-on to the base-model.

I would've considered the CLA250 a "deal" if MB was able to offer it pre-TTL at $29.9k while including standard the metallic-paint, BiXenon headlamps & LED-DRLs, and leather-interior at that price-point.

·
Registered
730 Posts
These are the standard headlights on the Scion tC...

Yet these are the standard headlights on C-Class...
You're confusing projector-headlamps (Scion tC pic) w/ reflector-headlamps (C-Class pic). Neither are Xenon HIDs, in the examples given.

Yea- it sucks that the standard-headlamps on the C-Class & CLA aren't projector, but instead reflector. But, other comparable vehicles (at/near the price-point and/or different market-segments) don't have standard Xenon HID headlights either. Generally, they are ala-carte/stand-alone option or included in an optional package.

With that said, having projector-headlamps w/ halogen-lighting, an after-market Xenon HID plug-&-play kit can be installed & be more-or-less comparable to OEM applications. In a reflector-headlamp, Xenon HIDs don't perform well.

Key points...

- reflector-headlamps vs. projector-headlamps
- halogen-lighting vs. Xenon HID lighting
- high-low beam lamps (dual lamp) vs. Bi-high/low beams (single lamp)

·
Registered
172 Posts
You're confusing projector-headlamps (Scion tC pic) w/ reflector-headlamps (C-Class pic). Neither are Xenon HIDs, in the examples given.

Yea- it sucks that the standard-headlamps on the C-Class & CLA aren't projector, but instead reflector. But, other comparable vehicles (at/near the price-point and/or different market-segments) don't have standard Xenon HID headlights either. Generally, they are ala-carte/stand-alone option or included in an optional package.
Gotcha, alright I was a little confused. Cool for the clear up.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Gotcha, alright I was a little confused. Cool for the clear up.
Good way to look at it would be for $850, you're getting...

- Bi-high/low beams (single lamp) which cleans up the headlight, and when combined w/ Xenon HIDs allowing flashing from low-to-high instantaneous (in dual-lamp Xenon HIDs, it'd take some time to fire'up)
- Xenon HID lighting which produces a very nice, clear color of usable light
- projector-headlamps which effectively focus & direct the light-beam
- LED-DRLs which look very modern, yet are very efficient at producing a noticeable highly-visible daytime light

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good way to look at it would be for $850, you're getting...

- Bi-high/low beams (single lamp) which cleans up the headlight, and when combined w/ Xenon HIDs allowing flashing from low-to-high instantaneous (in dual-lamp Xenon HIDs, it'd take some time to fire'up)
- Xenon HID lighting which produces a very nice, clear color of usable light
- projector-headlamps which effectively focus & direct the light-beam
- LED-DRLs which look very modern, yet are very efficient at producing a noticeable highly-visible daytime light
I can get over no option of keyless go when you put it that way, lol :). Yeah the xenons are well worth it, and they are cheaper here than the ones offered on the C class. The only thing not available is the active curve illumination.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can get over no option of keyless go when you put it that way, lol :). Yeah the xenons are well worth it, and they are cheaper here than the ones offered on the C class. The only thing not available is the active curve illumination.
I'll just have to use my eyes to see around a corner :nerd:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts