Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Have the Samsung Nexus and won't upgrade until December, but looks nice. My question is will we be able to sync phone screen to the CLA's internal monitor?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quite possibly the all-time uber-Android smart-phone, before the "next gen" of smart-devices (phones). Improved construction, 5" screen, quicker/faster & feature-rich... looks to be great.

Battery-life has me rather curious! And, what Samsung has in-the-works moving forward (now that the iPhone formulaic form-factor is nearing an end). It's presumable that an iPhone 5S will be released Fall-2013 (being a revised iPhone 5 platform), and the next-gen of iPhone / smart-device will drop in a little over a year (Summer-2014). Meaning, Samsung can offer a post-S4 "clean-slate" offering winter-2014 (year from now), well ahead of Apple's new-offering. Will be interesting to see who does what (Samsung w/ white-goods integration/connectivity, Apple w/ wear-ability/mobility).

I love the reliability/dependability & usability/functionality of my iPhone, but admittedly- iOS has be a bit bored as of late....

My question is will we be able to sync phone screen to the CLA's internal monitor?
"Mirroring" will be something I'm gonna look into, as well. Might be worthwhile to see what/how others have been doing such on existing MB vehicle LCDs. I'm sure there are tweaks/hacks out there to allow for such. Also, it may depend on the inputs/outputs of the proprietary MB electronics (which can vary from standard 5" LCD, standard sound-system, optional Harman Kardon sound-system, optional 7" LCD, optional iPhone/mobile-device mobile-interface, optional sat-nav, etc).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is it true that's some type of new laser guided missle add-on system for vehicles? In that case, no, I won't be buying one ;-)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a Galaxy 3 for work, the battery life is awful on the Galaxy... hopefully they fixed that problem...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mirroring -- that was the term I was looking for :big smile:

So many variables right now -- probably won't know more until the Summer. Regardless, will be something I follow closely. Thanks, O!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a Galaxy 3 for work, the battery life is awful on the Galaxy... hopefully they fixed that problem...
I have one as well and I find the battery life great, especially since I downloaded this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

It's really helped minimize the battery drain.

I'm not getting the S4. I still love my S3 and there's not enough in the S4 to convince me to upgrade, besides, I think most of the new software additions will be available for the S3. I'll wait for the Nexus 5 or the Motorola/Google X phone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If Apple doesn't finally realize that people want 4.5" (and larger) screens -- their sales are in for a hurtin'
not to mention their outdated OS. iOS REALLY REALLY needs an overhaul. I was at SXSW this past weekend and saw a ton of Samsung Smartphones there (Notes and SGSIII's) Another thing to note is that Samsung's presence was all over that place. If you had a sSamsung phone you could scan barcodes and get FREE Beers and Food at Vendors/Bars there. It was amazing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts