Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Super late guys!

After spending a while looking for videos of examples of a double res delete I decided to just go for it!

I’ll get a video linked, but no regrets! It sounds like the performance amg exhaust... but with more aggressive bangs and cracks and just louder.

No drone at all and comfort mode is basically the same.... but it has rage when you want it to have it
Hey im also thinking of doing the same, would you mind posting/sharing a video? Your description sounds exactly like what im trying to achieve!

Thanks!

· Registered
1 Posts
Super late guys!

After spending a while looking for videos of examples of a double res delete I decided to just go for it!

I’ll get a video linked, but no regrets! It sounds like the performance amg exhaust... but with more aggressive bangs and cracks and just louder.

No drone at all and comfort mode is basically the same.... but it has rage when you want it to have it
Hey man, could you just let me know if you felt any type of performance gain/loss post removing both resonators? I have only taken one out, but need more info before I pull the trigger on the second one. Many thanks!

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the middle of a crisis here.. I bought a 2017 CLA45 with stock exhaust(most options except AMG exhaust). it wasn't loud enough and wasn't rumble enough. So I decided to pull the trigger to delete the middle resonator. I believe there are 2 resonators, front and middle. I've gotta say, probably best 40$ modification on a car. More growl and louder upshift. I don't call them burble or crackle, I call them explosions?. Now I'm not sure if I should delete the front resonator. Not sure what to do. I feel just alittle more vibration, just alittle but probably unnoticeable to most people after the resonator delete.

I am thinking of deleting the last resonator and whatever the outcome, I can just weld it back in.....I kind of want abit louder to match the AMG performance exhaust...

Driving me nuts.
Is a resonator delete reversible? I just picked up a 2017 CLA 45 AMG a few days ago and paid a lot for extended warranty and don't want to void anything. I'm trying to look for options that won't screw me over but I want more of that sweet sound.

· Registered
6 Posts
Double res-delete booked for tomorrow morn after nearly buying full system. Hopefully im not disappointed but will feedback. Be interested to know warranty invalidation point above... but not stopping now. Blow off valve and decent intake next... Kids Xmas presents can wait...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Best thing I've done as I had the same dilemma (See bottom post with image). Not at all too offensive and controllable with Sport and Comfort settings. When in Sport sounds how it should do. The 3" standard exhaust sounds good once both res' are out. I kept them incase I wasn't happy but no need.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Double res-delete booked for tomorrow morn after nearly buying full system. Hopefully im not disappointed but will feedback. Be interested to know warranty invalidation point above... but not stopping now. Blow off valve and decent intake next... Kids Xmas presents can wait... Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Hi I am just reading all of these posts. Have you a video of both res delete please?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts