Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CLA is now around 80,000 miles, wondering that the recommended change interval is for our CLA.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My CLA is now around 80,000 miles, wondering that the recommended change interval is for our CLA.
Once per year > Depending on conditions, your OBC will give you a message telling you service is required.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once per year > Depending on conditions, your OBC will give you a message telling you service is required.
Thanks, I have not had the coolant changed for 6 years now, and OBC still did not indicate coolant change required.

·
Registered
558 Posts
In the manual it say 120,000 or 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Thanks, I have not had the coolant changed for 6 years now, and OBC still did not indicate coolant change required.
OK, I answered for oil.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mav > For our 2014 US version, MB provided a "Maintenance Booklet" which requires a Coolant Replacement at 120,000 miles or 12 years, (p.63.)
You have a 2015 Canadian version 4Matic, which might state this slightly different, but I believe the engine is the same.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Am about to change mine 7 yrs now
Should have done at 5
Anti corrosion ability dies off
Think i posted some benz article on coolant ...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
....Should have done at 5...Think i posted some benz article on coolant ...
jmc > Good place to re-post since so many of us have the 2014 model.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the pointers. My CLA indicated my coolant level was low when I started my car up in the morning and then the warning went away and never came back. I think I will get some Merc pre-mixed coolant to top up.

·
Registered
558 Posts
@mav238 You might have leak in overflow tank. It would be on the seam on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Not sure where I posted the coolant info ... so might as well put it here again ... do note the 2014 and 2015 had different "colour" products (blue BQ1030004 vs pink BQ1030005) but the article is a good base:

Typically 1~2mm is lost over 6mo from this "normal" level from evap (marker JUST covered):

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was checking my coolant level early last week, and accidentally left the reservoir cap off and on the windshield wiper area. Didn't realize I drove my car around with the cap off.

Two days later, the check coolant light came on, and I went to check the coolant level, and saw that I had been driving with the cap off the reservoir! I checked the coolant level and the top part of the reservoir which you can see from the cover, was empty! I quickly refilled it and checked it again two days later, and the level is at the level indicator. At least I know there's no cooling system leak.

Moral of the story, double check to make sure the coolant reservoir cap is on before you close the hood. :)

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
OMG! Could have been worse ... coolant all over the engine bay from the boil over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts