Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Crester,

Where are you from? I'm from Quebec, Canada. I ordered on May 1st 2021 a CLA35 2021, the 2021 became de 2022 production and the "production date" went from August, to September, to October...

Right now I'm in the same situation as you. My ETA is 24th November, my build date was mid october, but there's no update. I really don't think that I will get the car on November 24th.

What is your ETA?

Let's keep us updated! If we get our car before 2022, it would be amazing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Crester,

Where are you from? I'm from Quebec, Canada. I ordered on May 1st 2021 a CLA35 2021, the 2021 became de 2022 production and the "production date" went from August, to September, to October...

Right now I'm in the same situation as you. My ETA is 24th November, my build date was mid october, but there's no update. I really don't think that I will get the car on November 24th.

What is your ETA?

Let's keep us updated! If we get our before 2022, it would be amazing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Crester!

What is Netstar? Is it a program that the client can see the updates on the production?

If I want any updates, I need ton call or e-mail the dealership (Mercedes Benz in Montreal, Quebec) everytime.

For the B5, what does it means? My ETA says B6-10.2

The informations that I have on the screenshot the dealer sent me is "Planned Delivery Date", "DEC-SCH-DATE : 21102", "PLN-SCH-DATE : 21093", "PROD_ACT-DATE : 20211011" and "PHASE_DTE : 20211026".

SHPT-DATE, FINV-DATE, WHSLE-DTE are "0000000"

And I also have my VIN!

Do you know what all these numbers means? Is it the same situation as you?

Sorry for my english, my first language is french!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh thanks for Nestar codes!

If I check my emails, on October 18th it was B5 and on the email I received on November 2nd it was B6. I have my VIN since November 2nd (B6), VIN wasn't availablewhen it was B5.

Right now I doesn't have any updates because the sale-person (I don't know if it's the right word haha) is on vacations until November 17th. I'll give you updates!

Do you have AR + Keyless + Mercedes App + Burmester?

These 4 features will not be on my CLA35 2022, but when I ordered it back in May 1st, it was supposed to be on the car... What I read on the forum is that they give like 250$ or 500$ in credit (maximum) for things that cost a lot more. I think the Burmester system upgrade on a CLA250 was 1000$. Will you try to negociate or did they already told you what was missing?

The "credit" ($) for missing options, I think it's a part that MB is not really negociable, because they know that if you refuse the car, they will sell it (maybe at a higher price haha) to someone else!

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my case, the possibility of having the advanced sound system was not an option in october. When the car was build (mid-october), even if on the website it showed "Advanced sound system 400$", it wasn't available.

So they're giving me the basic sound system.

I'm a huge fan of listening music with great sound, so I wasn't even satisfied at 100% when I heard the Burmester back in May. I'm paying an extra 3500$ and Mercedes will send my car to an "audio shop" and they will replace the speakers, add an amp and 2 subwoofers.

I'm crossing my fingers that this won't do any "error message" in the system, because I know that sometimes when you change a little thing in modern cars, you can get some trouble. But the fact than it's Mercedes that is taking care of sending it at the audio shop and when I'll get my car it will be already installed, I think it's something really positive. Maybe the sound system is 2500$ et they're taking 1000$ of profit, but I don't care : I prefer that everything stays with the Mercedes warranty.

Also, I heard that a few CLA have some pieces that "rackle", I don't know the word in english but it's some parts (like door panels) that isn't fixed very well, and make some sound (vibration) when you're driving. Make sure when you go search your car at MB that everything's fine. I think I'll spend 2 hours minimum to check everything's clean haha!

Anyway, these type of problem is covered with warranty, it's just not really cool to have to go back at MB after buying a brand new car, with over 8-10 months of waiting.

I Already bought the panamericana grill (like your CLA45) since this summer. I love that grill. It's unique to AMG and I will replace it (mine is a CLA35), I really think that change the look of the whole front of the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh wow, nice sound system in your Audi! Is it stock or you paid to change speakers?

I got news from MB, they said that my car is on the water right now. So it's coming to Halifax. They said that I'll get it in 3 or 4 weeks.

I just learn that the "% financement" (I don't know how to say it in english) is 5.09% right now. I don't know if you buy the car or it's a location?

Me, I buy it. I'm giving half cash, and the other half "financement on 4 years". In May on the PDF that I have, it was 1.49% and now it's 5.09%. On 4 years it makes 5000$ difference on the price of the car. I don't think I can negociate that. What's your situation about the financement? Does the change affects you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah exact, if we don't buy it, 10 other people will! Our power of negotiation is really low.

And CLA35 and the new CLA45 is pretty rare, I think I saw 2 or 3 of 'em in the whole summer... but there's a lot of CLA250.

So there's something cool about having a car model that will be, I think, pretty rare in 2022 too!

If you're in Ontario, there's a chance that your car is on the same boat. Let me know when you get updates from Mercedes, hopefully we'll get both our cars before Christmas!

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you write "CLA45 2022" or "CLA 2022" on Youtube and you set your search for the "newest videos" to appear first, you can see a lot of amateur videos receiving their CLA 2022 a few days/a few weeks ago... It wasn't the case one month or two months ago. I have a good feeling!

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you write "CLA45 2022" or "CLA 2022" on Youtube and you set your search for the "newest videos" to appear first, you can see a lot of amateur videos receiving their CLA 2022 a few days/a few weeks ago... It wasn't the case one month or two months ago. I have a good feeling!

If in the interior of a video you doesn't see any logo on the speakers of the doors, that means it doesn't have Burmester or Advanced Audio (there's supposed to be a logo on the speaker's grill for the Advanced Audio too), it means that it's the basic speakers. If the sound is awesome of my sound system that Mercedes is going to add, I'll let you know the brand and the place where Mercedes did it, and maybe you can consider adding it to your CLA45 if you get the basic audio system. I'll let you know!

I watched a lot of reviews on Youtube (7-8 months of waiting, you know!), I feel like I already drove the car 50 times. Haha!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I wasn't impressed by the Burmester. I'm paying an extra 3500$ and when they will receive my car, Mercedes-Benz will send the car at an audioshop near the dealer and they will replace all the speakers, add an amp and 2 subwoofers.

Crester, do you have any news for you car?

They told me that mine is at Halifax right now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah they will replace all the speakers in the car, add an amp and 2 subwoofers. Yeah sure I'll post some pictures and I'll give you my review about the sound system! ;)

My car is still in Halifax, I don't know if for some reason it can be stuck there for a long time. Do you have any updates on yours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I asked the dealer if it was still in Halifax like last week, and he answered me like 7 days later.
It says that it's still in Halifax!

I think we need to be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my car only in January, it's a possible scenario! After waiting 8 months.. one month isn't a big deal. And it's winter here, so that's not that bad driving my other car. If it was summertime, my patience would not be the same ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Samething for me, the worst part was (and still is) not knowing when the car will be mine. The waiting part isn't so bad. It's like buying a ticket for a concert, sometimes you buy it one year before, but you know the exact date of the concert, and you count the days like a lil' kid!

Our scenario is different, when you order it, you can get your car in 3 months or maybe a whole year, and you doesn't have that information before... I think this is the bad part of not having any news of an exact date (date that can change, mine changed a few times). Mine is in Halifax, but I heard a few stories about a car stuck in Halifax for 2 months (a car that is 100% ready to be sold), for no reason...

This forum is a good therapy. Haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called 'em today to know if it was still in Halifax. They told me they received my car this morning. (!!!)

They didn't call me, I can't believe it!

I went to the dealer to see my car, really happy about it! Took a few pictures. They're keeping it for a week to :

• Tint windows
  • Add sound system + amp + 2 subs
  • Paint calipers red with logo AMG

Can't wait to drive it!

Door handles are silver even if my car is black and I have the night package... dealer said it's normal, but I don't think so. I'll pay to wrap the door handles black, I didn't want to complain and they didn't seem to admit that it wasn't normal that door handles weren't black.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks guys! I appreciate!

Oh I didn't know that door handles were chrome even with the Night Package, maybe I'll warp 'em black. It pop up to my eyes.

I have the classic reduced options that we see since a few months : trunk, AR, wireless charging and Burmester. I really can live with it, except for the sound system, I paid for an upgrade. I'll let you know my feedback in a few weeks!

And yeah Crester, they received it this morning a didn't call me... (after 8 months). I think that because of the pandemic, there's a lot of new people who works at MB (and a lot of other places).

I heard that the first 1000 km, we needed to stay under 4000/rpm, and the "new seller" today said "ahh, it's fine, it's only with the V8". What do you guys think? Will you run it slow under 4000/rpm for the first 1000 km?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I agree with you guys.

I was surprised by the answer of the dude at MB. That's how we see that they're paid to sell you the car and sometimes we know more the car than them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for your advice ADo89!

Yeah, I already got my ceramic coating rendez-vous scheduled in a week and a half, just before Christmas! I think it's a must on any car that you want to keep nice and clean.

For the engine, I will follow the rules. Just to make sure after reading and watching videos, you seems to know MB much better than me, the "rodage" is 1500km and what I noted is this :

1- Don't use the Sport+
2- Don't run it over 4000 rpm.
3- When you start your car and it's cold outside, wait a 30 seconds before driving it.
4- Don't use (or overuse) the cruise control.

Do you have any other advices or maybe mine are wrong?

I want to follow the 1500km "rodage" properly. Thanks !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool thanks, I called at the place that they will do my ceramic coating and they will put PPF on the front.

Do you guys paid for the PPF on the hood too or only the front end is okay?

My current car has some small chips on the hood, I feel like I'm gonna pay for PPF on the front and the hood.

Do you guys know if we need to manually add some oil for the engine? My 2011 Golf GTI, I needed to add some oil when I was driving it at full rpm, people told me that the turbo drinks some oil and sometimes you need to add some. Is it the same case with MB?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts