Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

So I ordered my CLA45s in March and was told that I had the next available CLA45 build slot in Hungary and would be ideally with my for June, this then turned to July, July to August, on and on until I had an Oct 20th date.

The dealer confirmed around Oct 10th that this 20th was still showing and 'should' be accurate as my car has been assigned both a Chassis and Engine number.

I got an email around Oct 12th notifying me that my car was now showing 'No ETA' and that's remained up to this date, the only thing my dealer can tell me is that majority of other orders have since changed to 2022 ETA's and the fact mine is still showing 'No ETA' is apparantly a good thing and is saying I should be good for the car this side of Christmas...

What I wondered was if anyone else here has had open 2021 UK CLA45s orders that have been fullfilled recently or still pending? Unsure as what to do as my dealer is just saying Mercedes wont comment on specific builds. Worryingly he's also said that since my order in March he's not seen another CLA45s come into the dealership but presumably its not a frequently ordered car.

Fully appreciate the impact of the pandemic and the chip shortage but its crazy majority of other manufacturers can give solid build slots and delivery dates (albeit long 6-7+ months) and hit them whilst I've been continuously strung on each month.

I've asked my dealer to check if he can see any other recent CLA45 orders come into the UK at all just on the off chance there might be some production issues at the factory affecting all CLA45s?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The part that sounds weird tho is... I don't understand you now being told there's no dates assigned to your car. Do you even have an order/build slot? I wonder if the dealer is just BS'ing you. This guy AB Auto on YouTube is in the UK and he just picked up his CLA 45. His car was part of that end of September/October cycle I mentioned above.
I'll double check with him but every message since 12th October has been my car now no longer has any ETA in terms of date, not 2022, nothing. There's an order slot and I believe it was the build slot that kept getting pushed back. He tells me the system now shows my order has an assigned engine and chassis no which in his opinion means its all ready to be built... it just isnt?.

Im at the point where I may just cancel the order, my dealer keeps telling me everyones in the same boat and there's nothing he can do to get me a firm date but seeing a few CLA45s being delivered makes me feel a little unsure. I've been happy to wait as I get its an industry wide problem but when I can't even get a date then I dont even know what to do...

Obviously being told 'No ETA' is a good thing rather than a 2022 ETA is nice to believe in my situation but not sure thats realistic and don't want to get my hopes up on something thats not true. He has said they've had orders with no ETA which have just turned up randomly at the dealership which again is probably true given the worlwide shipping issues but then again I dont know how good their tracking system is and what depth they can see!

Congrats on the car btw! Stunner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had kind of the same. Ordered in early May - was originally told September, then suddenly 'no date showing' and no idea of a slot. Called this week to find out they 'hope' although cannot guarantee early January 2022.

To be honest, if I'd known it's such a long lead time, I would have never have bought. It's been abysmal.
I don't think there has been full upfront honesty from MBUK.

And whilst they can blame chip shortages, emissions, pandemic and sunroof technicians and whatever else that they throw out - that's not my concern. I simply wouldn't have bought. I'm super bored of the wait - feels like a busted flush.
Nice to hear someone in the same boat albeit a shitty boat.

Agreed MBUK seem to be a total shit show lots of other manufacturers can confirm a build slot and meet it, yes it might be 7 months but atleast in 7 months you get the car not 7 months later - "ahh yeah not sure when you'll have it now matey :)"

Where did you order from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I can cancel but I've waited like 7/8 Months for absolutely fuck all in that case...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Taz, nothing as yet mate.

What point did the dealer notify you of the changes and compensation?

Was that well before it shipped? Appreciate the response

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weird, I've still not had any correspondence.

I dont think i've ever had a firm build date either it just keeps moving for some reason, until its now unknown ETA....

Im gona chase the dealer this week, issue is they just keep fobbing me off and saying "it should be soon"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Asked my dealer to check Netstar for my B code after the talks you guys had...

My dealer said this...

"We haven’t got access to Netstar our side? What do these codes stand for?"

How can i find my Netstar codes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So I got an update:

No, it shouldn’t do as a vehicle is already secured, and is in build

It has a production number and factory order confirmed with a chassis number

There are currently blocking operation and export block holds applied by the factory, so no accurate ETA as yet

Not sure what this means? 'Blocking Operation' and 'Export Block Holds' yet guys in this thread are having AMG CLA models exported as we speak....

These comms are a joke

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm convinced the sales people don't actually know what it going on... not just in your case but in general. So they are just finding things to tell you.
The sad part is that’s an email from the central UK sales administration…
All just sounds weird really. How’s there a factory block when your order presumably left the same factory this month :/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I've got Burmester on my current A35 and it's nothing special, honestly wouldn't be devastated if I didn't have it.

I hope so Alex mate, it's just weird with the level of communications coming out of Mercedes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Little bit of an update...
Got confirmed to me by the dealer my car entered build - production 6th Dec... Not expecting it this month because I know Medusa on here had their vehicle sat waiting post build for 3 weeks for parts.

Hopefully its a sign its close, this car has now been 9 months since order which I guess should be expected. So I guess for people still waiting hold on!

Also Alex nice to see you finally got yours delivered looks great. I'd also say follow the engine run in period. Given how long it took to get would you really want to skip the run in and fuck the car potentially? They have very low stock of parts etc it's not worth it. I followed correct run in protocol on my A35 and to be honest the exahaust sounded night and day better once it was done.

Not too sure about aftermarket stuff, it's not really my style to make it look like something it's not but I respect peoples opinions. What I would say after owning a black mercedes before is 100% look into PPF and if not a good business who can do a ceramic coating. DO NOT use the dealer for that. Unless you already have

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So in Canada it looks like A's and CLA's are arriving in Canada. Lots of regular models... and as seen a couple replies up... Alex316 got his CLA35... and I see dealers in the Toronto area getting CLA35 and A35. Has anybody (Canada or USA) gotten their CLA45 recently yet???
I hopefully am due this month and currently in build so It looks like production runs actually contuining. But it does look like there was a massive gap between September to now.

Presumably should be same for you guys albeit with a longer wait

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Get PPF for the front end of your car as well!
This is honestly the best advice. It's expensive but my bonnet of my A35 is fucking destroyed from small stone chips. PPF would completely remove that.

1- Don't use the Sport+
2- Don't run it over 4000 rpm.
3- When you start your car and it's cold outside, wait a 30 seconds before driving it.
4- Don't use (or overuse) the cruise control.

This seems all okay to be fair. I would say i followed this basic advice and honestly the difference in exhause noise after the 1500km was night and day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts