Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had kind of the same. Ordered in early May - was originally told September, then suddenly 'no date showing' and no idea of a slot. Called this week to find out they 'hope' although cannot guarantee early January 2022.

To be honest, if I'd known it's such a long lead time, I would have never have bought. It's been abysmal.
I don't think there has been full upfront honesty from MBUK.

And whilst they can blame chip shortages, emissions, pandemic and sunroof technicians and whatever else that they throw out - that's not my concern. I simply wouldn't have bought. I'm super bored of the wait - feels like a busted flush.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice to hear someone in the same boat albeit a shitty boat.

Agreed MBUK seem to be a total shit show lots of other manufacturers can confirm a build slot and meet it, yes it might be 7 months but atleast in 7 months you get the car not 7 months later - "ahh yeah not sure when you'll have it now matey :)"

Where did you order from?
Yeah unfortunate - but at least some update of sorts. If I'd known the market was this bad, I would have gone second hand if not ordering something else new.
I'm in London - but I got mine from Bury SE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My update.

My car has now come in and will be available next week to be picked up - May 21 order.
However - they want me to sign something that states the vehicle will not come with enhanced sound system, boot lid closure, wireless charging because of a lack of chips. This will not be retrofitted later.

The compensation (which apparently they won't budge from): a free service!

It's outrageous from Mercedes and shocking customer care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems the norm right now. Do you still have augmented reality sat nav?
Apparently.

MBUK are reneging on deals done for the previous year because of "lack of cpu" parts and expecting customers to suck it up with a free vehicle service granted by MBUK head office.

If you search for premium plus now, you will notice it comes only with a standard audio system. No Burmester. Also missing other features. They have included me within that even though we agreed for the original parts.

Nothing short of shocking customer care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's nothing MBUK can really do in regards to options not being available because there simply aren't parts for cars. It's not like only Mercedes is experiencing parts shortage... every car company is!

However they can work on compensation. Is the price of your car not being reduced because features are missing? If not... then that is something worth being upset about.
2 points to that:

1. It's certainly not being experienced by every company! Delays are...yes, but not missing equipment.
2. And yes. I just stated they are looking to compensate with free service and not financial or otherwise when I am paying for the upgrades.

Maybe it's just me - but I'm not particularly happy about having a carrot dangling in front of me for 8 months and when the vehicle comes, it is missing parts - no communication at all before that. Suck it up is essentially what they say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Burmeister still showing on the one I ordered on the configuration page, so who knows
If you visit Mercedes website, you will notice they have removed the text from the Premium and Premium Plus regarding sound systems. If you order a vehicle now, I'm told it's essentially a standard 100w speaker set.

Navigate to the bottom to find AMG line up and options for packs.
I was told this on the phone by Mercedes today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts