Mercedes CLA Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I asked the dealer if it was still in Halifax like last week, and he answered me like 7 days later.
It says that it's still in Halifax!

I think we need to be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my car only in January, it's a possible scenario! After waiting 8 months.. one month isn't a big deal. And it's winter here, so that's not that bad driving my other car. If it was summertime, my patience would not be the same ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
You scenario is much better than mine and at least yours is close. I ordered mine on the 3rd of June 2021 and check monthly with the dealer regarding getting a build date. Today I had a missed call from the dealer and when I returned the call had the "good" news that I have been assigned a build date. The 21st of April 2022 and we can probably expect to see your car on shore here in July or August of 2022 - 13 to 14 months from buying. I understand the shortage of semi-conductors is not their fault but they their lack of updating the customer along the journey is appalling.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You scenario is much better than mine and at least yours is close. I ordered mine on the 3rd of June 2021 and check monthly with the dealer regarding getting a build date. Today I had a missed call from the dealer and when I returned the call had the "good" news that I have been assigned a build date. The 21st of April 2022 and we can probably expect to see your car on shore here in July or August of 2022 - 13 to 14 months from buying. I understand the shortage of semi-conductors is not their fault but they their lack of updating the customer along the journey is appalling.
I have a good guess of what probably happened to you. The dealership probably accepted your order but didn't have an actual allocation for a CLA45. They may have hoped they could get an allocation... maybe trade with another dealer for an allocation... but they couldn't. So they have your order... but no way to fulfill it in the production run that happened just now in September/October 2021. So now there's allocations for the next production run... and your dealer got a commitment to that... but unfortunately the next production run would be in April 2022.

Mercedes really needs to work on this stuff... even if they can't build the cars sooner... they should atleast find a way to communicate with customers better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a good guess of what probably happened to you. The dealership probably accepted your order but didn't have an actual allocation for a CLA45. They may have hoped they could get an allocation... maybe trade with another dealer for an allocation... but they couldn't. So they have your order... but no way to fulfill it in the production run that happened just now in September/October 2021. So now there's allocations for the next production run... and your dealer got a commitment to that... but unfortunately the next production run would be in April 2022.

Mercedes really needs to work on this stuff... even if they can't build the cars sooner... they should atleast find a way to communicate with customers better.
Absolutely. I have just found their communication or follow up abysmal. Hasn’t left a good impression. I can fully understand you have issues but addressing them and honesty goes a long way!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I asked the dealer if it was still in Halifax like last week, and he answered me like 7 days later.
It says that it's still in Halifax!

I think we need to be patient. I wouldn't be surprised if I get my car only in January, it's a possible scenario! After waiting 8 months.. one month isn't a big deal. And it's winter here, so that's not that bad driving my other car. If it was summertime, my patience would not be the same ;)
I spoke to my dealer... and basically they don't have any update for me. 😢 They said nothing in their computer has updated for me since end of October. I'm convinced my car has been built... but what has happened since it has been built... nobody seems to know.

Anyways at this point... I've given up on getting the car in 2021.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
419 Posts
Absolutely. I have just found their communication or follow up abysmal. Hasn’t left a good impression. I can fully understand you have issues but addressing them and honesty goes a long way!
Wow Scot, I am so sorry to hear that. I remember what seems like months ago we talked in a forum post about how long the wait had been without any information. I must have (literally) just scraped through with my order (ordered in April - car built in May - delivered in September) for which I am thankful. All I can say is that it will be worth the wait, but I know that does not make it any easier to swallow.

Reactions: ScotB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow Scot, I am so sorry to hear that. I remember what seems like months ago we talked in a forum post about how long the wait had been without any information. I must have (literally) just scraped through with my order (ordered in April - car built in May - delivered in September) for which I am thankful. All I can say is that it will be worth the wait, but I know that does not make it any easier to swallow.
[/QUOTW
Thank You! Appreciated just the same. Other things far worse going on in the world to get upset about. However, to say that I’m not extremely disappointed in MB and their handling of it is an understatement. From what used to be a company that excelled in customer service to the level they are at now is quite the fall from grace.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Samething for me, the worst part was (and still is) not knowing when the car will be mine. The waiting part isn't so bad. It's like buying a ticket for a concert, sometimes you buy it one year before, but you know the exact date of the concert, and you count the days like a lil' kid!

Our scenario is different, when you order it, you can get your car in 3 months or maybe a whole year, and you doesn't have that information before... I think this is the bad part of not having any news of an exact date (date that can change, mine changed a few times). Mine is in Halifax, but I heard a few stories about a car stuck in Halifax for 2 months (a car that is 100% ready to be sold), for no reason...

This forum is a good therapy. Haha.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Samething for me, the worst part was (and still is) not knowing when the car will be mine. The waiting part isn't so bad. It's like buying a ticket for a concert, sometimes you buy it one year before, but you know the exact date of the concert, and you count the days like a lil' kid!

Our scenario is different, when you order it, you can get your car in 3 months or maybe a whole year, and you doesn't have that information before... I think this is the bad part of not having any news of an exact date (date that can change, mine changed a few times). Mine is in Halifax, but I heard a few stories about a car stuck in Halifax for 2 months (a car that is 100% ready to be sold), for no reason...

This forum is a good therapy. Haha.
You're right... it's the "unknown" that is the problem. If they said the car was coming March 2022 and that was known for sure... I wouldn't have any problem with that. I'd know what is going to happen and plan accordingly. But this whole process of the car could come 6 months from now... or it could come tomorrow is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called 'em today to know if it was still in Halifax. They told me they received my car this morning. (!!!)

They didn't call me, I can't believe it!

I went to the dealer to see my car, really happy about it! Took a few pictures. They're keeping it for a week to :

• Tint windows
  • Add sound system + amp + 2 subs
  • Paint calipers red with logo AMG

Can't wait to drive it!

Door handles are silver even if my car is black and I have the night package... dealer said it's normal, but I don't think so. I'll pay to wrap the door handles black, I didn't want to complain and they didn't seem to admit that it wasn't normal that door handles weren't black.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel

·
Registered
419 Posts
I called 'em today to know if it was still in Halifax. They told me they received my car this morning. (!!!)

I went to the dealer to see my car, really happy about it! Took a few pictures. They're keeping it for a week to :

• Tint windows

Can't wait to drive it!

Door handles are silver even if my car is black and I have the night package... dealer said it's normal, but I don't think so. I'll pay to wrap the door handles black, I didn't want to complain and they didn't seem to admit that it wasn't normal that door handles weren't black.
Congratulations Alex, that is fantastic news! Did you check the spec sheet with the dealer to see if there was anything else that you optioned but did not get in the build due to the chip shortages? Things like wireless charging, HUD, keyless entry to the trunk etc etc all seem to be common deletions.

Reactions: Alex316

·
Registered
93 Posts

• Tint windows

Can't wait to drive it!

Congrats man! Glad you got it! I can't believe the dealer didn't let you know ahead of time that it's coming... lol

The chrome trim on the door handles is normal... even with the night package.

·
Registered
15 Posts

• Tint windows

Can't wait to drive it!

Door handles are silver even if my car is black and I have the night package... dealer said it's normal, but I don't think so. I'll pay to wrap the door handles black, I didn't want to complain and they didn't seem to admit that it wasn't normal that door handles weren't black. View attachment 67863
View attachment 67862
Really great news! Happy holidays it will be for you

·
Registered
419 Posts
Really great news! Happy holidays it will be for you
Here's hoping that yours just magically appears at the dealership one day very soon Scot!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks guys! I appreciate!

Oh I didn't know that door handles were chrome even with the Night Package, maybe I'll warp 'em black. It pop up to my eyes.

I have the classic reduced options that we see since a few months : trunk, AR, wireless charging and Burmester. I really can live with it, except for the sound system, I paid for an upgrade. I'll let you know my feedback in a few weeks!

And yeah Crester, they received it this morning a didn't call me... (after 8 months). I think that because of the pandemic, there's a lot of new people who works at MB (and a lot of other places).

I heard that the first 1000 km, we needed to stay under 4000/rpm, and the "new seller" today said "ahh, it's fine, it's only with the V8". What do you guys think? Will you run it slow under 4000/rpm for the first 1000 km?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would let the car break in. Think about it... you have new metal components that are going to be rubbing/interfacing with each other... I would let them work in together properly before revving the engine hard.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Theres a run in sticker on your windcsreen, 1500kms not above 4500rpm,no kick down if you can avoid it, stay in comfort mode etc. The kms run by pretty quick and it is worth letting it settle in. There is a lot of debate on this in the other MB forums, but general consensus is, if you want your engine to last, do the run in properly (y)

Reactions: Crester

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I agree with you guys.

I was surprised by the answer of the dude at MB. That's how we see that they're paid to sell you the car and sometimes we know more the car than them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I agree with you guys.

I was surprised by the answer of the dude at MB. That's how we see that they're paid to sell you the car and sometimes we know more the car than them.
I'm shocked by how little people in the sales department actually know about the cars they sell in general. Not specific to Mercedes... but for cars in general.

Btw I was looking at stuff online last night and found out they sell parts that you can put on the door handles to cover the chrome. Interesting enough they also sell hoods for the dual screens. lol

41 - 60 of 94 Posts