Mercedes CLA Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Little bit of an update...
Got confirmed to me by the dealer my car entered build - production 6th Dec... Not expecting it this month because I know Medusa on here had their vehicle sat waiting post build for 3 weeks for parts.

Hopefully its a sign its close, this car has now been 9 months since order which I guess should be expected. So I guess for people still waiting hold on!

Also Alex nice to see you finally got yours delivered looks great. I'd also say follow the engine run in period. Given how long it took to get would you really want to skip the run in and fuck the car potentially? They have very low stock of parts etc it's not worth it. I followed correct run in protocol on my A35 and to be honest the exahaust sounded night and day better once it was done.

Not too sure about aftermarket stuff, it's not really my style to make it look like something it's not but I respect peoples opinions. What I would say after owning a black mercedes before is 100% look into PPF and if not a good business who can do a ceramic coating. DO NOT use the dealer for that. Unless you already have

·
Registered
93 Posts
So in Canada it looks like A's and CLA's are arriving in Canada. Lots of regular models... and as seen a couple replies up... Alex316 got his CLA35... and I see dealers in the Toronto area getting CLA35 and A35. Has anybody (Canada or USA) gotten their CLA45 recently yet???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So in Canada it looks like A's and CLA's are arriving in Canada. Lots of regular models... and as seen a couple replies up... Alex316 got his CLA35... and I see dealers in the Toronto area getting CLA35 and A35. Has anybody (Canada or USA) gotten their CLA45 recently yet???
I hopefully am due this month and currently in build so It looks like production runs actually contuining. But it does look like there was a massive gap between September to now.

Presumably should be same for you guys albeit with a longer wait

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for your advice ADo89!

Yeah, I already got my ceramic coating rendez-vous scheduled in a week and a half, just before Christmas! I think it's a must on any car that you want to keep nice and clean.

For the engine, I will follow the rules. Just to make sure after reading and watching videos, you seems to know MB much better than me, the "rodage" is 1500km and what I noted is this :

1- Don't use the Sport+
2- Don't run it over 4000 rpm.
3- When you start your car and it's cold outside, wait a 30 seconds before driving it.
4- Don't use (or overuse) the cruise control.

Do you have any other advices or maybe mine are wrong?

I want to follow the 1500km "rodage" properly. Thanks !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Get PPF for the front end of your car as well!
This is honestly the best advice. It's expensive but my bonnet of my A35 is fucking destroyed from small stone chips. PPF would completely remove that.

1- Don't use the Sport+
2- Don't run it over 4000 rpm.
3- When you start your car and it's cold outside, wait a 30 seconds before driving it.
4- Don't use (or overuse) the cruise control.

This seems all okay to be fair. I would say i followed this basic advice and honestly the difference in exhause noise after the 1500km was night and day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool thanks, I called at the place that they will do my ceramic coating and they will put PPF on the front.

Do you guys paid for the PPF on the hood too or only the front end is okay?

My current car has some small chips on the hood, I feel like I'm gonna pay for PPF on the front and the hood.

Do you guys know if we need to manually add some oil for the engine? My 2011 Golf GTI, I needed to add some oil when I was driving it at full rpm, people told me that the turbo drinks some oil and sometimes you need to add some. Is it the same case with MB?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I PPF the entire front of the car... bumper, hood, fenders, etc. And no... you shouldn't be adding oil to your car every time you rev out the engine... lol That's why you should break in your engine properly... to avoid stuff like that in the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally got my car since 3 days!

Kind of busy to give updates, so sorry for my english, I'm writting this really quick and french is my first langage!

Already at 700 km on the odometer, I'm doing some stand-up comic shows in Quebec, so a lot of road in the last few days with my new car.

Everything is perfect! I'm in love with it. I have the keyless go and the Merc-Me App (I wasn't supposed to have it because of the pandemic), so I'm really happy about it. Wireless charger, Burmester, A-Reality and opening the trunk with my feet are the only things missing.

Mercedes changed the whole sound system (I pad 3500$ for it). Crester, you wanted my review :

When they recevied the car, I had the 6 speakers (the basic system).

They changed the 6 speakers and they added the middle speaker in the front, so I now have 7 speakers. That speaker in the middle gives a big difference for the driver and passenger.

For the sound in the trunk, it's all under the mat so you doesn't loose any space. It's a 8 inches subwoofer and 2 amps. One amp is Audison AP 5.9bit : AP5.9 bit | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers and the other amp is Audison AP4D : AP4 D | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers

I paid for 2 subwoofers, one in the trunk under the mat and another one in the trunk on the mat that gives the real "bass kick" behind the seats. They forgot to install this one, so I can't give a real review right now, because it miss the "bass kick" that I wanted. I called Mercedes, they're gonna call me back and of course (I hope) they're going to honor the contract (2 subwoofers, not one).

From now, I can say that it's better than the Burmester. But I'm really picky in term of audio and I really need the other sub that's going to give the bass kick that I want, so I'll be able to give you my review Crester maybe in 2-3 weeks because of the holidays.

For the pictures of the car, I'll take a few of 'em after the ceramic coating and the PPF next week and post it on this forum! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys!

So I ordered my CLA45s in March and was told that I had the next available CLA45 build slot in Hungary and would be ideally with my for June, this then turned to July, July to August, on and on until I had an Oct 20th date.

The dealer confirmed around Oct 10th that this 20th was still showing and 'should' be accurate as my car has been assigned both a Chassis and Engine number.

I got an email around Oct 12th notifying me that my car was now showing 'No ETA' and that's remained up to this date, the only thing my dealer can tell me is that majority of other orders have since changed to 2022 ETA's and the fact mine is still showing 'No ETA' is apparantly a good thing and is saying I should be good for the car this side of Christmas...

What I wondered was if anyone else here has had open 2021 UK CLA45s orders that have been fullfilled recently or still pending? Unsure as what to do as my dealer is just saying Mercedes wont comment on specific builds. Worryingly he's also said that since my order in March he's not seen another CLA45s come into the dealership but presumably its not a frequently ordered car.

Fully appreciate the impact of the pandemic and the chip shortage but its crazy majority of other manufacturers can give solid build slots and delivery dates (albeit long 6-7+ months) and hit them whilst I've been continuously strung on each month.

I've asked my dealer to check if he can see any other recent CLA45 orders come into the UK at all just on the off chance there might be some production issues at the factory affecting all CLA45s?
Nearly 4 months in and not holding my breath. Ordered cla45 shooting brake, and other than waiting, not sure what else I can do

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nearly 4 months in and not holding my breath. Ordered cla45 shooting brake, and other than waiting, not sure what else I can do
Unfortunately there's not much we can do. Even if we were to cancel our current order... we will then have to wait months again for whatever next car we order. In my situation I am starting to give up on my CLA45 order... I was thinking the new RS3 might be a nice option if I can't get a CLA45 anytime soon. But then in Canada they just cancelled the RS3! So I really don't have many options besides waiting at the moment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally got my car since 3 days!

Kind of busy to give updates, so sorry for my english, I'm writting this really quick and french is my first langage!

Already at 700 km on the odometer, I'm doing some stand-up comic shows in Quebec, so a lot of road in the last few days with my new car.

Everything is perfect! I'm in love with it. I have the keyless go and the Merc-Me App (I wasn't supposed to have it because of the pandemic), so I'm really happy about it. Wireless charger, Burmester, A-Reality and opening the trunk with my feet are the only things missing.

Mercedes changed the whole sound system (I pad 3500$ for it). Crester, you wanted my review :

When they recevied the car, I had the 6 speakers (the basic system).

They changed the 6 speakers and they added the middle speaker in the front, so I now have 7 speakers. That speaker in the middle gives a big difference for the driver and passenger.

For the sound in the trunk, it's all under the mat so you doesn't loose any space. It's a 8 inches subwoofer and 2 amps. One amp is Audison AP 5.9bit : AP5.9 bit | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers and the other amp is Audison AP4D : AP4 D | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers

I paid for 2 subwoofers, one in the trunk under the mat and another one in the trunk on the mat that gives the real "bass kick" behind the seats. They forgot to install this one, so I can't give a real review right now, because it miss the "bass kick" that I wanted. I called Mercedes, they're gonna call me back and of course (I hope) they're going to honor the contract (2 subwoofers, not one).

From now, I can say that it's better than the Burmester. But I'm really picky in term of audio and I really need the other sub that's going to give the bass kick that I want, so I'll be able to give you my review Crester maybe in 2-3 weeks because of the holidays.

For the pictures of the car, I'll take a few of 'em after the ceramic coating and the PPF next week and post it on this forum! :)
That's great everything is working out for you! When you take pics... can you take pics under the trunk carpet so we can see where all the parts fit. I saw another small sub that fit in the gaps under the trunk carpet... but they are out of stock and they don't seem to be making them anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's my car just after the ceramic coating. The car is on 18 inches winter tires right know (19 inches on summer).

Crester, I added a picture to let you know where they placed the subwoofer. I'm at Silverstar Mercedes right know and they're adding the 10 inches sub with a closed box (outside the mat, in the trunk). I'll be able to give you my review after that.

I talked to a few people about Audison (the 2 amps they added in my trunk), and read a lot of review, and it's supposed to be great, great quality!
Tire Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Black Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately there's not much we can do. Even if we were to cancel our current order... we will then have to wait months again for whatever next car we order. In my situation I am starting to give up on my CLA45 order... I was thinking the new RS3 might be a nice option if I can't get a CLA45 anytime soon. But then in Canada they just cancelled the RS3! So I really don't have many options besides waiting at the moment.
I’m driving a 2020 cla 35 right now, so I can put up with the wait. I just hope some of the stuff missing from current cars will be reinstalled in production

·
Registered
6 Posts
My update.

My car has now come in and will be available next week to be picked up - May 21 order.
However - they want me to sign something that states the vehicle will not come with enhanced sound system, boot lid closure, wireless charging because of a lack of chips. This will not be retrofitted later.

The compensation (which apparently they won't budge from): a free service!

It's outrageous from Mercedes and shocking customer care.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My update.

My car has now come in and will be available next week to be picked up - May 21 order.
However - they want me to sign something that states the vehicle will not come with enhanced sound system, boot lid closure, wireless charging because of a lack of chips. This will not be retrofitted later.

The compensation (which apparently they won't budge from): a free service!

It's outrageous from Mercedes and shocking customer care.
Seems the norm right now. Do you still have augmented reality sat nav?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems the norm right now. Do you still have augmented reality sat nav?
Apparently.

MBUK are reneging on deals done for the previous year because of "lack of cpu" parts and expecting customers to suck it up with a free vehicle service granted by MBUK head office.

If you search for premium plus now, you will notice it comes only with a standard audio system. No Burmester. Also missing other features. They have included me within that even though we agreed for the original parts.

Nothing short of shocking customer care.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Apparently.

MBUK are reneging on deals done for the previous year because of "lack of cpu" parts and expecting customers to suck it up with a free vehicle service granted by MBUK head office.

If you search for premium plus now, you will notice it comes only with a standard audio system. No Burmester. Also missing other features. They have included me within that even though we agreed for the original parts.

Nothing short of shocking customer care.
There's nothing MBUK can really do in regards to options not being available because there simply aren't parts for cars. It's not like only Mercedes is experiencing parts shortage... every car company is!

However they can work on compensation. Is the price of your car not being reduced because features are missing? If not... then that is something worth being upset about.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts