Mercedes CLA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's nothing MBUK can really do in regards to options not being available because there simply aren't parts for cars. It's not like only Mercedes is experiencing parts shortage... every car company is!

However they can work on compensation. Is the price of your car not being reduced because features are missing? If not... then that is something worth being upset about.
2 points to that:

1. It's certainly not being experienced by every company! Delays are...yes, but not missing equipment.
2. And yes. I just stated they are looking to compensate with free service and not financial or otherwise when I am paying for the upgrades.

Maybe it's just me - but I'm not particularly happy about having a carrot dangling in front of me for 8 months and when the vehicle comes, it is missing parts - no communication at all before that. Suck it up is essentially what they say.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
2 points to that:

1. It's certainly not being experienced by every company! Delays are...yes, but not missing equipment.
2. And yes. I just stated they are looking to compensate with free service and not financial or otherwise when I am paying for the upgrades.

Maybe it's just me - but I'm not particularly happy about having a carrot dangling in front of me for 8 months and when the vehicle comes, it is missing parts - no communication at all before that. Suck it up is essentially what they say.
I just want to correct something... literally every car company is going thru car parts shortages. If you are mad at Mercedes for removing stuff... you should see what BMW is removing for example.

But I would complain about only getting free service. If enough people complain... hopefully they'll bend to pressure and offer you more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Apparently.

MBUK are reneging on deals done for the previous year because of "lack of cpu" parts and expecting customers to suck it up with a free vehicle service granted by MBUK head office.

If you search for premium plus now, you will notice it comes only with a standard audio system. No Burmester. Also missing other features. They have included me within that even though we agreed for the original parts.

Nothing short of shocking customer care.
Burmeister still showing on the one I ordered on the configuration page, so who knows

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Burmeister still showing on the one I ordered on the configuration page, so who knows
Burmesters are apparently being added to CLA45's but not CLA35's. But these things are all on a part availability basis. When they are building a particular car... if there's no Burmester available... it won't get it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Burmesters are apparently being added to CLA45's but not CLA35's. But these things are all on a part availability basis. When they are building a particular car... if there's no Burmester available... it won't get it.
Why I'm still seeing it then mate. Thanks for the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but not being a sound expect I prob wouldn't notice the difference anyway!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you visit Mercedes website, you will notice they have removed the text from the Premium and Premium Plus regarding sound systems. If you order a vehicle now, I'm told it's essentially a standard 100w speaker set.

Navigate to the bottom to find AMG line up and options for packs.
I was told this on the phone by Mercedes today.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
494 Posts
2 points to that:

Hi Dave, its certainly happening at the upper end of the car makers, both Audi and BMW are removing a wide range of options on their vehicles. I note Audi are offering compensation in the form of cash back: Audi temporarily deletes features amid semiconductor shortage

and, Here Are Features Some New Cars Won't Get Because of the Chip Shortage

Reactions: wavedalsh

·
Registered
34 Posts
wavedalsh : Yeah, what is missing on your car is almost the same for me. And like Crester said, every car company have some missing options, and some companies are worst than MB. But yeah, I understand that if we all ordered in 2020 before the pandemic, we would had no problem like that.

I have a question for you guys : my "rodage" is done (1500 km). When I start my car in my garage (heated garage, but it's winter in Quebec, Canada), here's the temperature.

What is the recommanded temperature (the one on the left and the one on the right) to kick it (or "floor it" I think it's the right expression) at full rpm?

Thanks !!

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
I obviously don't have my car yet so I can't tell for sure. But based on what I heard... once the car is warm the temperature gauge will change from blue to white.

·
Registered
34 Posts
God!

If you call them, what are they saying about the status of your car in the MB system? They must see something, like B-something..!

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
God!

If you call them, what are they saying about the status of your car in the MB system? They must see something, like B-something..!
They just say the car has been built but they have no updates after that. Another dealer called me Friday and said they had a 2022 CLA45 that just arrived at the port but they don't know when it will be released. But atleast this other dealer acknowledges one of their cars is in Canada. Hopefully this is a sign of some progress and mine won't be too far behind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The fact that your car is builded is a huge step. I remember from May 2021 to October 2021, 6 months knowing that my my car didn't even exist except on paper, and they were not really able to give me a build date, and I was kind of pissed. When I got the info in November that my car was builded, I wasn't anxious anymore about all that stuff, and I was more patient. So your car exist somewhere, and this is awesome.

When I picked up mine in December, they told me that if someone wanted the same car as me with all the options (I took them all), they were not able to give a build date to the customer... but nothing before summer, for sure.

Your car has been built, so it's only shipping delay. Even if the factory close for Covid-19, your car is way ahead that step! I wish you to get it soon! Can't wait to see pictures of it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys!

What do you guys think of a « No Rince » wash?

And what do you guys think of a Foam Canon?

After the winter, I’ll need to choose between these 2 options to wash my car, I was going to choose « no rince » wash formula, but I just heard a few bad comments so..

Note : I have ceramic coating and PPF

Let me know what you use :)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Yeah... usually you only use rinse less car washes when you're in a location where either you don't have access to a water hose or a place where you can dump water... like in a condo underground parking.

You don't just use rinseless for the sake of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah... usually you only use rinse less car washes when you're in a location where either you don't have access to a water hose or a place where you can dump water... like in a condo underground parking.

You don't just use rinseless for the sake of it.
Especially when you've spent lots on ppf and ceramic coating to protect the paint work. Seems senseless to then be skimping on the washes!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a garage at my home and a ose. I was curious about rinceless wash because the place they did my ceramic coating and my PPF wanted to sell me rinceless wash. They said it was very good.

Finally, I bought a foam canon and I'm using Carpro Reset Shampoo.

I'm have an appointement at the place they did my PPF and ceramic coating because when I wash it, the car have a lot of spots like that (everywhere). They said they're going to add another protection on it, but I don't know the name. One of my friend work there, so I'm having a great service.

Any idea why my car is full of spot like that after cleaning it?

Attachments

81 - 100 of 117 Posts