Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my CLA is already 5 years old with 110,000 kms. Thinking of giving it a good internal fuel system cleaning. Gonna try some BG 44K cleaner. Anyone had experience with it before?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hi Mav,
No, have not tried, but I know it is expensive so the following might be of interest:

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
So far techron every 3k or so seems to do the job

·
Registered
94 Posts
my CLA is already 5 years old with 110,000 kms. Thinking of giving it a good internal fuel system cleaning. Gonna try some BG 44K cleaner. Anyone had experience with it before?
Hello Mav238,

I have 120K on my cla and have used AMSOIL P.I. every 4-5K and one of the best for Direct Inj engines. I also use a upper cyl for every tank if I remember. Look them over but can tell you they do work and also helps keep O2 and other sensors clean as well as expensive spark plugs to get 100K worry free.

Attachments

Reactions: DrOzCLA and Geo K

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Additional information re: updated Amsoil test results is at:

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Mikey is that you at 120k???
Good gawd still have grease in them wheel bearings?
Nice to hear about another high mileage sample
Someone on here should get the worlds first CLA 250k merit badge

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
And thank you guys for the info ... will certainly read up

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hello Mav238,

I have 120K on my cla and have used AMSOIL P.I. every 4-5K and one of the best for Direct Inj engines. I also use a upper cyl for every tank if I remember. Look them over but can tell you they do work and also helps keep O2 and other sensors clean as well as expensive spark plugs to get 100K worry free.
Thank you for that, I have just ordered a couple of bottles of the AMSOIL PI from a local distributor here in Oz, I will give it a go (although I'm not winning any high km merit badges, I have only just ticked over 50,000km and she is just on 4 years old).

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Thank you for that, I have just ordered a couple of bottles of the AMSOIL PI from a local distributor here in Oz, I will give it a go (although I'm not winning any high km merit badges, I have only just ticked over 50,000km and she is just on 4 years old).
Hey! Hope everything is OK at your end.
Do let us know how your car behaves with some PI added ...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey! Hope everything is OK at your end.
Do let us know how your car behaves with some PI added ...
Will do JMC. Aside from the irrational panic that has gripped a lot of people, everything is going along as well as can be expected, other than not being able to fly anywhere, there is still only minor disruptions to normal life, however, we are only at the end of the beginning, still a long way to go! I hope you and yours are safely tucked away in social isolation. I may move into the Merc and live there with the charcoal filter when things really kick off. ;)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Geewhiz ... i know what you mean about the end of the beginning.
Think I will swap out the cabin filter

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mav, Did you try it?
Was going to buy it from a local dealer, but considered using Redline S1 fuel system cleaner instead, more than half the price. Saw lots of reviews on the redline system, and it appears that the stuff really works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts