Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like almost everyone on this board has a suped up CLA45 or completely decked out CLA250 with every options known to man (or woman). Am I the only person here with a base CLA ?

Metallic paint, heated seats and 4Matic are my only options. My only regret is not getting the panoramic moonroof.

Anyone else with a base or lightly optioned CLA ?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Well, I have the Sport Package,Burl Walnut Trim, Bi Xenon lights, spoiler and pano roof. Is that considered light?
I do play bass as well, if that helps.

Reactions: Salem

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Metallic paint, 18'' wheels, and dystronic (which paid for itself the first time it kept me out of an accident). No regrets.

Reactions: Rapidfirerob

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
HAHA that would be the opposite of lightly optioned Rob. BASE NOT BASS. Unless you're referring to a fish. :big smile:
Oh, I see BASE NOT BASS. Thanks for the clarification. Oh boy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
my base cla 250 (4matic) with burl dash. nothing else added. perfect for me IMG_0092.JPG . which makes it a really good buy (my opinion). leasing it. approx price $33,000.

Reactions: Tiny Teuton

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine only has the Sport+ option--in night black--$34,725.00--but,that option ( $3900.00 ) makes the car "pop" . Both in looks AND function! Looks better (unique ) and the better suspension,shift logic,seats and exhaust -just makes it a better car (correcting many of the auto journalists complaints ).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well, I have the Sport Package,Burl Walnut Trim, Bi Xenon lights, spoiler and pano roof. Is that considered light?
I do play bass as well, if that helps.
What gauge strings do you use on your bass? Do you prefer phosphor or not?!? When you post with other musicians on the thread you need to be more expansive and precise!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
What gauge strings do you use on your bass? Do you prefer phosphor or not?!? When you post with other musicians on the thread you need to be more expansive and precise!
Why bother? It ends up going thump thump thump anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a 2015 CLA250 with Walnut Wood Trim, 18" tires, rear view camera, and blind spot assist. I should have it by the end of January. I believe my car is also one of the more basic CLA's. I am happy with the price though, it pencils out to $34,400 with the transportation charge.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Cirrus white, beige M-B tex seats,17' wheels, only a premium interior package, and I complained about that so they knocked $800 of of that because they say they had a BASE with no options except heated seats. I did want to have the heated seats so that made it less of a hit in the pocket. The rest of the package I could care less about. One of the car magazines said a Base with no options was a "Unicorn" as in a myth. I guess they were right!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine has no packages, only blind spot, illuminated star, 18'' amg wheel and wood trim. But I hate the star, it would be better to replace it by bi-Xeon lights. And I also want a rearview camera. I think it's good enough for me to use.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
i don't really care much for the illuminated star either but i apparently people notice it. I've gotten several comments from friends, coworkers and strangers about how cool it is.. meh

·
Registered
51 Posts
i don't really care much for the illuminated star either but i apparently people notice it. I've gotten several comments from friends, coworkers and strangers about how cool it is.. meh
You know what? Once I started the engine and meant to leave Walmart around 10 pm, several drunkards tried to stop my car because they were attracted by this star. As a girl, I was soooooo scared, this never happened before when I drive other cars. Fortunately, I got a chance to escape and saw a police man not far away, so I told him this issue. I think I gonna be extremely careful to avoid driving at night all by myself, even there are a lot of people and lights on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi- white/blk sport pkg pano roof beker map/nav (small screen) drk wood, little lip/spoiler trunk, stupid wheel locks. heat seats. i wanted a "plain jane" but the dealer took $4500 off and i popped a trade after the deal was cut for another $1k (old beach car worth $100 bucks) this car rides better than the standard with RFTs I just drove the new c as a loner (wifes car in the shop) and clearly more but was a little overwhelming, not as intuitive. I really like my CLA, did not want the 4mat thought it may be a bit much for the trans? the service folks at merc seem to down on cla, thats not right. i have 4 mercedes G500, w126(91), 1973, 450SLC (restored) and i like the CLA the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
You know what? Once I started the engine and meant to leave Walmart around 10 pm, several drunkards tried to stop my car because they were attracted by this star. As a girl, I was soooooo scared, this never happened before when I drive other cars. Fortunately, I got a chance to escape and saw a police man not far away, so I told him this issue. I think I gonna be extremely careful to avoid driving at night all by myself, even there are a lot of people and lights on the road.
Don't go to Walmart. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Reactions: Rapidfirerob

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
how did the distronic save you from the accident? what happened?
Well, you threw me off a bit there, bunky, quoting my "Why bother? It ends up going thump thump thump anyway", which referred to the sound you get out of a bass no matter what strings you use.

There have been many times when I applied my turn signal and got a warning beep, or the car sensed rapid slowing ahead and warned me, beeped and/or applied the brakes.
I can't say for sure I would have been in an accident in any of those cases, but it certainly increased my awareness and decreased the likelihood of mishap.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So you meant the collision prevention assist? ... cause that's standard.
distronic is electronic/automatic distance cruise control...

Well, you threw me off a bit there, bunky, quoting my "Why bother? It ends up going thump thump thump anyway", which referred to the sound you get out of a bass no matter what strings you use.

There have been many times when I applied my turn signal and got a warning beep, or the car sensed rapid slowing ahead and warned me, beeped and/or applied the brakes.
I can't say for sure I would have been in an accident in any of those cases, but it certainly increased my awareness and decreased the likelihood of mishap.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts