Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2016 CLA250, I installed apple car play about a year ago, I did notice the sound was different no bass at all. Well last night I was driving and messing around I found how to change the Bass, tremble, and midtones for apple car play.

Connect your phone to the correct USB port (One with the phone tablet icon)

With the scroll wheel click on the bottom left icon, where it shows I believe is 6 or 8 squares, to go to the main app selection.

Scroll right and click on the Mercedes icon

Click down with the scroll wheel, youll see a music note on the bottom right of the screen.

Click on the music note, default it will all be zero adjust to your preference and BOOM sounds adjusted on while using Apple Car Play.

Dont know if its the same for android.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I have a 2016 CLA250, I installed apple car play about a year ago, I did notice the sound was different no bass at all. Well last night I was driving and messing around I found how to change the Bass, tremble, and midtones for apple car play.

Connect your phone to the correct USB port (One with the phone tablet icon)

With the scroll wheel click on the bottom left icon, where it shows I believe is 6 or 8 squares, to go to the main app selection.

Scroll right and click on the Mercedes icon

Click down with the scroll wheel, youll see a music note on the bottom right of the screen.

Click on the music note, default it will all be zero adjust to your preference and BOOM sounds adjusted on while using Apple Car Play.

Dont know if its the same for android.
yeah figured this out about a year or so ago when I was wondering why the heck my bluetooth audio sounded better than my android auto/apple carplay. bit of a finicky way to get to the EQ settings and to the sound enhancer settings but at least it's possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I only get the music note on the bottom right of my screen if I leave Apple CarPlay, and click on radio after clicking on the Mercedes app.

This is so annoying!!! How is it possible that you can't change the bass/treble while in CarPlay? The bass is so high, that I actually just listen to normal radio because I can adjust bass/treble

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only get the music note on the bottom right of my screen if I leave Apple CarPlay, and click on radio after clicking on the Mercedes app.

This is so annoying!!! How is it possible that you can't change the bass/treble while in CarPlay? The bass is so high, that I actually just listen to normal radio because I can adjust bass/treble
Ill make a video for you and see if you can follow it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I looked into, seems with the new update, most likely with IOS, it seems to be blocked Ill mess around with it and figure it out.
Thanks, and I appreciate it. I consider myself decently teck-savvy, and I’ve spent a long time trying to figure out a way to adjust it, but I honesty think Apple/Mercedes just dropped the ball on this one. I don’t know exactly who screwed it up, but one of them didn’t think it through all the way. Good luck to you though, let me know if you do come across anything. I’d love to be able to lower the damn bass on this thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, and I appreciate it. I consider myself decently teck-savvy, and I’ve spent a long time trying to figure out a way to adjust it, but I honesty think Apple/Mercedes just dropped the ball on this one. I don’t know exactly who screwed it up, but one of them didn’t think it through all the way. Good luck to you though, let me know if you do come across anything. I’d love to be able to lower the damn bass on this thing.
Ill mess with it and hopefully I can figure something out. Just two months ago I was able to control the EQ on apple car play. Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ill mess with it and hopefully I can figure something out. Just two months ago I was able to control the EQ on apple car play. Ill keep you updated.
Oh wow!! I bought the car a year ago, and I’ve never been able to do it. Thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts